going out to lunch tomorrow, need help choosing!

Options
Hi guys,

I'm going out to lunch with family tomorrow. I've looked over the options and found that these two choices were the most relatively healthy and appetizing. Which would you suggest??

Baton Rouge - All Dress Baked Potato, 0.5 potato:
cal 325
carb 46
satfat 8
protein10
sugar3
sodium 160

AND Baton Rouge - Seared Ahi Tuna (Tuna Only, No Sides), 8 oz Tuna:
cal590
carb4
satfat4
protein 64
sugar 2
sodium 220

or just get Baton Rouge - Grilled Vegetable Sandwich, 1 sandwich
cal 730
carb 75
satfat 10
protein 20
sugar 11
sodium 1,310

or there is also the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad
cal 490
carb 26
satfat 6
protein 58
sugar 5
sodium 500

Replies

• I vote the tuna and see if they have a smaller portion size of a salad with some nice leafy greens :) Enjoy your outing!
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would say Ahi Tuna, but I'm wondering, if you're not getting any of the sides, why would it be 590 cals for 8 oz? I would think it would be a lot less than that!
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would go with the first two items since both of those have less salt .. I always think like this... you can always work out to minus the calories you eat but the salt stays a while in the system but if you have the sodium to spend and you like that item better then go for it its only a lunch just plan better for the rest of the day. Hope this helps.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would go with the 1st 2 as well, especially if they don't have a decent salad to add with the tuna. You kinda need a variety to feel like you've actually had a meal and not deprived. You can always do a good workout and eat healthy for your other 2 meals. I'm kinda in the same boat, with a lunch outing with my family tomorrow. It's after midnight here in OH so I've already started working on my diary for tomorrow and deciding what other meals and/or snacks will fit in. The sodium in foods at restaurants is just crazy!
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would say Ahi Tuna, but I'm wondering, if you're not getting any of the sides, why would it be 590 cals for 8 oz? I would think it would be a lot less than that!

one would think all things considering but sadly no, that is the nutritional value given to that meal on MFP and I checked the restaurant website to double check.

There is also the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad
    cal 490
    carb 26
    satfat 6
    protein 58
    sugar 5
    sodium 500
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would go with the 1st 2 as well, especially if they don't have a decent salad to add with the tuna. You kinda need a variety to feel like you've actually had a meal and not deprived. You can always do a good workout and eat healthy for your other 2 meals. I'm kinda in the same boat, with a lunch outing with my family tomorrow. It's after midnight here in OH so I've already started working on my diary for tomorrow and deciding what other meals and/or snacks will fit in. The sodium in foods at restaurants is just crazy!

I'm trying to do the same for my lunch tomorrow to properly plan the rest of my meals and figure out how much exercise I need to get in. and yes, sodium is crazy in restaurants. I'm not a big fan of eating out as a result (plus i enjoy the art of cooking) They've got a heavy hand on seasonings and fats in restaurant foods.

Thanks for the advice! :)