How do you reach your calories goals

Options
ive been way under lately... & i dont know how to fill in the calories im missing. what do you do to do that?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    if you opened your diary we would be able to tell you what you're missing...
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    whey protein shake with milk
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Nuts!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    nuts, peanut butter, trail mix, dried fruit, avocado
  • 2sexy2bunhealthy
    2sexy2bunhealthy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    if you opened your diary we would be able to tell you what you're missing...

OPENED:)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    depends on what I want and what's around. Generally a handful of almonds, a clif or luna protein bar, a fruit cup, a can of tuna.

Tonight I had a can of tuna and some crackers and a protein bar.

Also it depends on how much of various things I've had - like If I'm still low on protein I'll prefer the tuna or bars over the fruit, but if I haven't had much in the way of fruit/veggies that day I'll go for the fruit.

I generally don't have fat available at the end of the day and I'm trying to hit my 3-2-1 macros (1/2 carbs, 1/3 protein, 1/6 fat) so I rarely go in for the nuts although some days I do. they are calorie dense so its an easy way to add cals.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    You eat nice balanced days - you could also add something like a small sandwich or half sandwich. Like a slice of bread with some peanut butter and a banana or some turkey, mustard, tomato, and lettuce. Even if you don't feel hungry make something like that and take a bite - you will probably be shocked how hungry you actually were.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    270 deficit is fine... if you're talking about today's diary. I noticed awhile back you only ate 600 calories.. on a day like that have a protein shake with milk & a peanut butter sandwich that will help you :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1500 calories a day without having to think about it... even though my meal plan may be a bit boring?

Breakfast is usually cereal, dairy, and fruit (muesli with almond milk is my favorite). Lunch is a sandwich and another piece of fruit (peanut butter or veggies and hummus). Dinner is usually a protein, a vegetable, and a carb (sweet potato, brown rice, or pasta).

Almonds or an apple with peanut butter are good ways to boost your calories if you're too low.
  • 2sexy2bunhealthy
    Options
    You eat nice balanced days - you could also add something like a small sandwich or half sandwich. Like a slice of bread with some peanut butter and a banana or some turkey, mustard, tomato, and lettuce. Even if you don't feel hungry make something like that and take a bite - you will probably be shocked how hungry you actually were.

Thank you... youve helped alot!
  • 2sexy2bunhealthy
    Options
    thank you all for your advice .. i think i have a good idea now!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    nuts, peanut butter, trail mix, dried fruit, avocado

This. There are plenty of high calorie HEALTHY foods. I could seriously fill up half my daily calories with peanut butter or trail mix (2 tbsp peanut butter = 200 calories ). So its not filling in a sense of making you feel full, but it will boost your calories and help you maintain a feeling of fullness.
  • reunion50
    Options
    I am going back on my diet in which I lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks by eating 6 time/day. I ate 2-3oz of protein mainly fish and chicken and vegetables. I had no fat except for what was in the meat that I ate. I could not eat oranges or grape fruit because of the high sugar content in the oranges and because the grapefruit interfered with the prescription medication that I take. I could eat baked potato,sweet potatoes. I could eat all the raw vegetables I wanted. I had to eat only 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables. I used lemon or the different vinegars for salad dressing. No bottled salad dressings. I ate Sushi rice in addition to the baked potato and sweet potato. I drank lots of water. I had specific exercises for my abdominal area, chest, arms, legs and neck. These exercises helped tone these areas of my body as I lost weight. In addition to this I exercised on my treadmill at least 30 minutes/day for 5 days. I calculated my heart rate at which I would loose fat and did not exercise past that rate. The whole trick to this diet is eating 6 times/day and eating the protein. I ate egg whites and not the yokes. I would boil the eggs and take the yokes out and throw them away. No bread or carbs except what I have mentioned. Also no salt. I used the Morton salt substitute and it is good. I always cooked my chicken (baked in the oven in foil with water added) fixed my vegetables, salads and cooked ground turkey in which I mixed pepper, comino, garlic powder,onion powder,etc and then cooked them into patty sausages. I did all this on Sunday so that I would have everything ready to go for that week. I was to eat all fresh foods. No canned or packaged foods,but could have some frozen fruits. I hope this has helped some of you to start your own diet. This diet is from Michael Thurmond who works with Hollywood stars who have to keep in shape. I like his program because it works and is healthy. The more you exercise (without going past your specified heart rate according to your age) the faster you will lose. Michael says that there are many people who go to the gym and exercise themselves to death and wonder why they don't lose an ounce. He said this is because they have exceeded their heart rate that is calculated specifically for losing weight. This the rate at which fat is burned. Anything past that is burning up muscle tissue. Good luck if you decide to try this diet. I am starting mine again on Monday 9/12/11. My downfall is and has been eating Mexican food at my local restaurants and using no restraint. I have to change that now for weight loss and to maintain my weight after I reach my goal. At present I weigh 197 and need to be at 110 or 120 for my age. Being 5ft 2in. is really a problem. I am small boned and the weight is really hard for my small frame to carry. Being a senior makes it even harder. So you young ones out there, get you weight off now because the older you get the harder it is to lose. I was never overweight until I got sick and started on medication. I am hoping I can get off these meds as I decrease my weight. The fast food industry has put more weight on people than anything else. That is why my age group was never over weight. We ate at home and got our exercise at school in our P.E. classes. Now because women work, it makes it easier to just go by the local fast food joint and get supper.
  • 2sexy2bunhealthy
    Options
    excited to go grocery shopping:)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    When I am low on calories I just eat another meal.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'd add a piece of fruit to your breakfast and maybe one at other meal times too.