big macs

Options
i don't know what is wrong with me.... :explode: i know how terrible big macs are (i honestly hate fast food... it really freaks me out) ... BUT i can't get away from my 'big mac cravings' yup... about once a week i get this terrible urge to eat a big mac... and usually i can't resist... :grumble: HELP! my weekly indulgence hasn't really effected my weight loss... i log it, exercise and eat accordingly, BUT it is wicked nasty... :sick: I just can't help it! Does anyone else have a similar issue (another food... or big macs) do you let your self indulge? HELP! :sad: thanks for the vent. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• strawberryblonde1
    Options
    i don't know what is wrong with me.... :explode: i know how terrible big macs are (i honestly hate fast food... it really freaks me out) ... BUT i can't get away from my 'big mac cravings' yup... about once a week i get this terrible urge to eat a big mac... and usually i can't resist... :grumble: HELP! my weekly indulgence hasn't really effected my weight loss... i log it, exercise and eat accordingly, BUT it is wicked nasty... :sick: I just can't help it! Does anyone else have a similar issue (another food... or big macs) do you let your self indulge? HELP! :sad: thanks for the vent. :flowerforyou:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I can give up ANYTHING else...... I am not a cookies, cake, sweets type of person. Hate chocolate!

My big weakness is PIZZA. I just love it and usually eat it once a week. I just can't seem to get past my love for it!! I usually look forward to it as my one "cheat" meal for the week - I don't take an entire cheat DAY, just one meal.....
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If you can allocate the proper calories for it, then it shouldn't be a problem in that regard. But Big Mac's are pretty nasty in terms of sodium and whatnot.

Here's an idea:

Try making your own, better BigMac! I'm sure you could! It would be tons better because there'd be no preservatives.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Why are you stressing about this?????

I love Big Macs too! Actually, I love Little Macs (I remove one patty and that middle piece of bread.) Of course they are unhealthy, but it's a small indulgance. And once a week? Not so badly. If you were that crazy guy who has eaten them for every meal since the 1970s, I'd worry....

Don't worry about it!!!
    And your av pic makes me drool for one now... :laugh:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    i am the same way... i can give up anything... just not my big mac! :bigsmile: it was my resolution.... but i have a feeling i am going to break down sooner or later :explode:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    One time per week is not going to hurt you. Judging by your ticker you've done amazinly well -- if it were me, I'd indulge from time to time. Or, figure a way to make it homemade and a little healthier and 'lighter'.

Good luck.
  • torbaydi
    Options
    i dont think once a week is a problem hunny and we all need to look forward to something that we love, i have already decided that if i am going to stick to this weight loss regieme i have to allow myself something that i love once a week, i do love KFC but instead of having a big meal i will opt for a kids meal, or if i fancy a chocolate i will have a small sweet size not a bar that way i wont feel like im deniyng myself things as its when i say no to everything i love thats when i fail.

xxx
  • hollymires
    Options
    I like Lauryn's idea! You still get the Big Mac taste...just not quite as bad! Once a week is not so bad anyways...and if you are still losiing weight...who cares!

Holly
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those are great ideas! Sorry if I sounded like you should give it up--if it's something that makes you happy and keeps you from wreaking MickyD-starved vengeance on a pint of Ben & Jerry's, go for it!

Just promise us one thing:

Savor every last bite!

Little indulgences become sweeter when they are savored.