Feeding three always-starving skinny boys AND myself...?

Options
2»

Replies

• rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Firstly, my uncle and his 4 children are mostly vegetarian (their parents are divorced, and I think they eat meat sometimes when they stay with their mother, but they don't eat much of it anyway) and they are also all very thin and eat all the time - it's not because they are malnourished, it's because that's what most 8-15 year old boys do! I find it rare to see a boy of that age who doesn't eat all the time and is always prepared to eat more; that's what their body should be doing around that age. They are very healthy children, and they know how to eat all their required nutrients with the sparing use of meat.

Second, if you don't feel like eating a big breakfast, I don't think it's something that you need to do, IMHO. Many people recommend eating a big breakfast, but if your body is used to eating more later in the day, and if that's what you feel comfortable with, then do so. There are people who lose weight eating most of their calories in the morning and very few in the evening, people who skip breakfast and eat most of their at night, and people who eat one big meal per day, and there has been success on this forum for all these different kinds of eating patterns. If you feel like it's messing with your blood sugar to not eat breakfast, maybe try something that doesn't affect your stomach very much, like some toast with some kind fo spread, or even plain. If you use a hearty bread, you could have just one piece, get about 120 calories, and not feel too full or nauseous, while getting your blood sugar up.
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You're right, it was my choice of wording that began this whole conversation. I didn't intend to imply that I was having trouble feeding them, and I wasn't asking what to feed them; I was asking for ideas on how to feed myself appropriately within the construct of their diet... but I can see how it might have been misinterpreted, at least from the original post alone.

I do appreciate your concern, and I'm sorry for assuming that you were from the US. I would certainly trust the Australians to tell me what to eat before the US Americans :)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Thank-you, I'm not sure if your sincere but I'm gonna take it anyway. I have nothing against vegetarians! I just worry about nutrition for children but as I read down you've had it assessed. So good lets leave this discussion as is.
    You're right, it was my choice of wording that began this whole conversation. I didn't intend to imply that I was having trouble feeding them, and I wasn't asking what to feed them; I was asking for ideas on how to feed myself appropriately within the construct of their diet... but I can see how it might have been misinterpreted, at least from the original post alone.

I do appreciate your concern, and I'm sorry for assuming that you were from the US. I would certainly trust the Australians to tell me what to eat before the US Americans :)
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    give the girl a break, it was tongue in cheek!
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm being sincere. i've only been sincere.