Please help to get me started again.

Options
Hi all, just been for a month's holiday and am finding it so hard to get back to my exercise. I have been back home for almost 2 weeks now and just feel so unmotivated. I know I don't have too much to lose now but I also know if I don't get to grips with myself I'll start gaining. I'm the heaviest I been all year at the moment and feel like a big fat lump. Can some of you MFP give me a kick into touch. Thanks x

Replies

• tropicalzephyr
    tropicalzephyr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too - started MFP on July 27. By August 15, I had lost 2.2 pounds for sure (this was after a heavy meal, stomach full of poop, having at leasta litre of a drink) - no way was the scale showing a false loss. Had weighed myself again the next morning. But then the last week of August and Sept, I was holidaying and feel into teh bad eating trap again.

I wish I hadnt - I am so scared to get on the weighing machine to know how much worse off I am.

I am a bad eater basically - what about you girl?

I see food and I reach for it - once it's inside my stomach does it begin to dawn on me that wait I want supposed to do that.

Listen - as I tell girls around me, at least you know you needa kick in the butt. Here I give one to you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tzofia/465827707/

Cant paste the picture here so see the link - it's a nice behind :D
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    What about just working some little bits into your daily routine? 10 min walking here and there still counts. Can you walk to the shops or around a mall or in park? Cleaning your house counts as exercise... You don't necessarily need to get into special clothes and spend an hour at the gym to start with.

Also, make sure you're logging your food every day, even if you 'fall off the wagon'. Be kind to yourself - calling yourself names doesn't help, but celebrating your progress and your good qualities may help. You know you can do it if you want to.

Good luck! :)