Logging in weight gain

Options
Just wondering if everyone logs in their weight gain. I know we all log in our losses but what about the gains?

Replies

• zoodalia
    Options
    I fell off the wagon in August and logged my weight gain... but if it's just every day ups and downs (I weigh myself daily) and I've been sticking to my diet, I don't.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Luckily I have been on a steady downward slope, so I have not really faced that... if the scale unexpectedly pops me up up 2 lbs or something... no I will not log a illegitimate scale-lying weigh in lol... when you see the weight updates on my profile it's when I have weighed in and lost
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have been on since feb and weigh in weekly. I have only gained once since starting and I logged it. Its part of my journey and helps me see where I have "gone wrong"
  • theradiantbride
    Options
    Once a week, I log whatever number the scale reads up to me.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't see a reason to log a gain. My weight fluctuates, plus I weigh daily. I only record losses.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have not. My "plan" is to make sure I lose those extra pounds again until once more the old and the new agree. Unless of course I really fall of the wagon and then would log it just for the "Whatever are you doing to yourself for all the world to see" factor. NOt reached that point yet:)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Oh, I should add that I haven't had any true gains, just part of the fluctuation in my weight, which can go up or down 2-3 lbs in a day.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Once a week, up or down.....I log it!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I never log gains and I never log losses of gains. All I log is true loss. That seems to keep me more motivated over the long term.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't log gains, but only because I haven't had a really significant one. If I fell off the wagon and gained 10 lbs, I'd log that for sure. But the day-to-day, ate a high-sodium dinner, 1.5 lb gain from water weight? Nah. I just make sure to be aware of it and drink tons of water and exercise the next day! :happy:
  • KeeleySue
    Options
    I log my weight every day. Some days it's a gain (less than .5 lb.) but most days it's a loss or it stays steady for a couple days.

It really helps me see where my diet affects my weight.

I weigh in the morning. If I gain, I can go back to my diary the day before and tell pretty accurately what it was that went wrong. Then I know better for the future.
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    I log in on Fridays and whatever the scale says up or down is what i log
  • cawfeesong
    Options
    I usually log it.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I too have weighed myself everyday but decided to try weekly. Of course the first week I do, I gain 1.6 lbs. Sticking to my plan.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have been on since feb and weigh in weekly. I have only gained once since starting and I logged it. Its part of my journey and helps me see where I have "gone wrong"

Totally agree:-)
  • emj1978
    Options
    Whatever the scale says on Sundays(my weigh-in day) is what I will put regardless. I weigh myself a couple times a week and if I gain during one of those days I won't log it but I will probably be talking about it on my page. lol
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've only adjusted up once since using MFP otherwise I've been in a holding pattern for the last 6 months and I'm ok with that. My weight varies about 3 - 5 lbs in a 7 day period up or down. I will adjust my weight when I start my new workout schedule in October to help me keep accurate records.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I log daily, up, down or the same. It helps me look back over time and see my fluctuations and how my diet (higher carbs, sodium, alcohol, late night snacks) affected me the following days.
    For some reason it really bothers me that some people choose not to record their gains, I feel like you are cheating yourself. If you weight in once a week, record it, no matter what it is! Then you can see what's really going on with your body and how your diet and exercise affected you that week.... IMHO :)
  • mymindsblank
    mymindsblank Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and report whatever it is. I feel like I'm lying otherwise. Plus weighing everyday makes no sense. You're only going to see any real difference the less you weigh. Also, of course your weight is going to flucttuate, when you eat something the weight from that gets added to yours because your body hasn't processed it yet.
  • runningmom1977
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily, but my official log in day is only once a week, and whatever the scales says I will log. Of course, I log losses every time they happen ;)