Hi & Happy New Year!

Options
Well here I am, on the weight loss wagon again.. although I think 2009 IS going to be my year! I am 29 years old and with my 30th birthday being in Dec, I am using that as my time-line and goal of getting myself healthy and fit once and for all. I have steadily increased my weight over the past 10 years.. and now that I am creeping up to the 200lb mark and that was when it really hit me that if I continue to do what I am doing, I will just keep going up and keep feeling horrible each and every day. I need to take charge of me NOW!

I decided to start my journey one-week prior to Jan 1st, to avoid the pressure, and excuse, of the New Year to start on. I have to say it helped to get a bit of a jump-start on things and with today being my first weigh-in (which I am doing weekly), I lost 2lbs!!!!! It was just the motivation I needed! My goal is to lose 60lbs total (now, 58 woohoo), to bring me to my reasonable, and attainable goal and to get up each day with motivation for working out, eating healthy and getting the best I can out of my life.

So.. here I am.. hoping for help, support, great recipes, motivation when all I want to do is gorge on bad foods and being able to be a support to someone else on their off day.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I wish you all the best 2009, healthy and happy!!

Cheers,
Shannon (aka siriusciel)

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well here I am, on the weight loss wagon again.. although I think 2009 IS going to be my year! I am 29 years old and with my 30th birthday being in Dec, I am using that as my time-line and goal of getting myself healthy and fit once and for all. I have steadily increased my weight over the past 10 years.. and now that I am creeping up to the 200lb mark and that was when it really hit me that if I continue to do what I am doing, I will just keep going up and keep feeling horrible each and every day. I need to take charge of me NOW!

I decided to start my journey one-week prior to Jan 1st, to avoid the pressure, and excuse, of the New Year to start on. I have to say it helped to get a bit of a jump-start on things and with today being my first weigh-in (which I am doing weekly), I lost 2lbs!!!!! It was just the motivation I needed! My goal is to lose 60lbs total (now, 58 woohoo), to bring me to my reasonable, and attainable goal and to get up each day with motivation for working out, eating healthy and getting the best I can out of my life.

So.. here I am.. hoping for help, support, great recipes, motivation when all I want to do is gorge on bad foods and being able to be a support to someone else on their off day.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I wish you all the best 2009, healthy and happy!!

Cheers,
    Shannon (aka siriusciel)
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I forgot to add my ticker so I posted an additional one with the ticker.. sorry guys :glasses:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Hello and hope that you find it fun here! :flowerforyou:
  • tcoakley
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome, (I am a newbie too) and don't give up!