Hi & Happy New Year!

Options
Well here I am, on the weight loss wagon again.. although I think 2009 IS going to be my year! I am 29 years old and with my 30th birthday being in Dec, I am using that as my time-line and goal of getting myself healthy and fit once and for all. I have steadily increased my weight over the past 10 years.. and now that I am creeping up to the 200lb mark and that was when it really hit me that if I continue to do what I am doing, I will just keep going up and keep feeling horrible each and every day. I need to take charge of me NOW!

I decided to start my journey one-week prior to Jan 1st, to avoid the pressure, and excuse, of the New Year to start on. I have to say it helped to get a bit of a jump-start on things and with today being my first weigh-in (which I am doing weekly), I lost 2lbs!!!!! It was just the motivation I needed! My goal is to lose 60lbs total (now, 58 woohoo), to bring me to my reasonable, and attainable goal and to get up each day with motivation for working out, eating healthy and getting the best I can out of my life.

So.. here I am.. hoping for help, support, great recipes, motivation when all I want to do is gorge on bad foods and being able to be a support to someone else on their off day.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I wish you all the best 2009, healthy and happy!!

Cheers,
Shannon (aka siriusciel)

116168.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well here I am, on the weight loss wagon again.. although I think 2009 IS going to be my year! I am 29 years old and with my 30th birthday being in Dec, I am using that as my time-line and goal of getting myself healthy and fit once and for all. I have steadily increased my weight over the past 10 years.. and now that I am creeping up to the 200lb mark and that was when it really hit me that if I continue to do what I am doing, I will just keep going up and keep feeling horrible each and every day. I need to take charge of me NOW!

I decided to start my journey one-week prior to Jan 1st, to avoid the pressure, and excuse, of the New Year to start on. I have to say it helped to get a bit of a jump-start on things and with today being my first weigh-in (which I am doing weekly), I lost 2lbs!!!!! It was just the motivation I needed! My goal is to lose 60lbs total (now, 58 woohoo), to bring me to my reasonable, and attainable goal and to get up each day with motivation for working out, eating healthy and getting the best I can out of my life.

So.. here I am.. hoping for help, support, great recipes, motivation when all I want to do is gorge on bad foods and being able to be a support to someone else on their off day.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I wish you all the best 2009, healthy and happy!!

Cheers,
    Shannon (aka siriusciel)

116168.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi and this is a great place to make a start. This will be the year, stay positive :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I used my 40th b/day as my motivation to lose weight too! It's a great motivator! :wink:

Good luck & welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :smile: you can do it :wink: Drink lots of water:drinker: Really helps:smile:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Good for you for using your 30th as a goal date and to Shannon for your 40th! That way you won't be like me and using your 50th! :sad:

Best of luck and may 2009 be the year we all reach our goals!
    :drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hello......and welcome :flowerforyou: You are in the right place. You will get lots of support here :drinker: Here is a thread that has a lot of helpful info on it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your support, well wishes and advice, I can't thank you enough. It is so nice to find a place to come to when I just need a little bit of motivation or ideas from other people that have been successful, thank you all so much again, I truly appreciate your help and time in saying hi and lending your ideas.

:flowerforyou:
    Cheers