Looking for the best advice from those who have lost 30+ (:!

Options
I'm looking into losing 30+ pounds but not over 40!
If you have any GOOD advice please please comment and let me know (:
I wanna get from 166 to 130-136
(:

Replies

• sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Wellll, I feel like I'm an exemplar ... I've lost 30 pounds several times. :) Here's how you do it - burn more fat and calories than you consume. Add exercise to your weekly routine.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Try this... eliminate carbonated beverages from your diet (ideally replace with h20) and then do 5:30... 5 servings of fruits and veggies and 30 minutes of activity per day.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35lb total. I started by logging my calories in a notebook (MFP didn't exist back then) and reducing them by 500. I walked fast M-F for 20 minutes per day. That was it. I've moved on to trying to get fit now, and I've gained 5 of those 35 back. So I usually exercise every day and try to eat healthfully. Good luck!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well, the advice I give everyone is...

Take it one day at a time. Don't try to change everything all at once. Make little changes one at a time.

Celebrate every victory, no matter how small.

Don't try to go it alone. Choose your friends you confide in wisely, but build yourself a community of support. This website can fill
    that void if the folks around you in your daily life aren't supportive.

Don't deprive yourself either. If you've got to have it, portion it, and find a way to make it work. Maybe instead of every day, phase it down to every other, then once a week, then every other week, etc.
  • kaybay1994
    Options
    I've lost 35lb total. I started by logging my calories in a notebook (MFP didn't exist back then) and reducing them by 500. I walked fast M-F for 20 minutes per day. That was it. I've moved on to trying to get fit now, and I've gained 5 of those 35 back. So I usually exercise every day and try to eat healthfully. Good luck!

Thank you (: I can deff. Try this :)<3
  • kaybay1994
    Options

Thank you (: I can deff. Try this :)<3
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 36 lbs.
    here is my weight loss blog, with before and after pics.
    Eat healthy, workout. Start small.. a workout dvd.. like the 30 day shred.. work your way up. 1-2 lbs/week is optimal.. :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/twinmama1987
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Log your calories before you eat them (might save you some poor choices). If you crave something, eat it, just in moderation & pace the rest of your day accordingly. Most important, stick with it & over time you'll see results.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am just about in the same boat as you, I am 150 looking to loose 30, So far I have started drinking more water eating healthier, I had lost 10 pounds until my new nedication made me gain... It should come off quickly the first 10 usually do!
  • kaybay1994
    Options
    I am just about in the same boat as you, I am 150 looking to loose 30, So far I have started drinking more water eating healthier, I had lost 10 pounds until my new nedication made me gain... It should come off quickly the first 10 usually do!
    Good luck (: I've lost 3 so far i'm excited to being losing weight <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!