Do you lose breast cup size?

Options
I'm reading from various sites you can't lose your breasts but I'm noticing my breasts are getting slightly smaller. I mean it's nothing drastic (I'm a double-D) but it's leaning towards a D now. I've lost nearly 20 pounds and wanna know if you do and how you did it.

My bra size also decreased, going from a 42DD to what appears to be a 36D or 38D. I've lost 4 inches around my bust and 4 inches around my bra line.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I lost a whole cup size :( Breast tissue is fat so you can lose weight from there.
  • newarkco05
    Options
    It was the first place that I started noticing weight loss. I was a D cup and I'm starting to go down towards a C
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Someone just asked this question about 20 minutes ago. Great minds, huh?

Many people's breasts get smaller with weight loss.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Some do, some don't. I haven't. It depends on the physical make-up of your breasts. Some women's are more fatty, and some are more fibrous. If your boobs got bigger when you gained weight, they'll probably shrink when you lose it.
  • wendibartel
    Options
    Boobs and but are always the first to go for me.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    first place that i lose....
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    As my weight has moved down, my back size has changed, but my cup size hasn't really changed much. Sometimes it's a G, sometimes a GG, sometimes an F.... But always in the same ballpark (so to speak).
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    Yes, mine have gone down a bit. I'm actually quite glad about it because they would have had me toppling over now if they hadn't gone down proportionately. :)
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep I lost 21#'s and 2.2 inches from Boobs and cup I was a C cup to start
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    you cant pick and choose where you lose weight from. Its just as likely to go from the places you want it to stay, as it is from any other places.
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    You will definitely lose breast size. I mean think about...as you gain weight your boobs get bigger (i went from about a C and half to a double DD) so why wouldn't they go back down?
  • jrusharound
    jrusharound Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm down to a 36C from a 38DD...it took about 5 months, but they shrank! Cardio & weighs (like chest press & fly's) are what I did!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It's always the first place I notice weight loss
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight I went from a DD to a C...my issue was that they were "flat" I could not find a bra that would make them nice and round again....I told myself that if I lose the weight and keep it off for a year I am gonna get a lift cause beaver tails are just so unattractive.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    All I am sayin is....

436263855v6_225x225_Front.jpg
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight I went from a DD to a C...my issue was that they were "flat" I could not find a bra that would make them nice and round again....I told myself that if I lose the weight and keep it off for a year I am gonna get a lift cause beaver tails are just so unattractive.
    Hahaha @ "Beaver tails" I knew a girl like that, and she had never even been heavy!
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i've never heard that you couldn't lose it. Thats always the first place i lose from and I include it in my measurements, just this week i lost an inch from the fullest part of my bust line. I have ''skinny bras'' and ''fat bras'' because when I start losing I will lose at least a cup size pretty quickly.....unfortunatley!
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 cup sizes, but when did you see an athlete with big boobs?
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    When I drop weight thats the first thing to go for me! I once went from a D to a B cup when I lost 75lbs.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I went from a C to a B..