ATTN TAMMY!!!

Options
ohthatbambi
ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
Do you subscribe to Cooking Light Magazine? Or do you find the recipes online? I was thinking about getting a subscription but wanted to see if it was worth it!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    Options
    Do you subscribe to Cooking Light Magazine? Or do you find the recipes online? I was thinking about getting a subscription but wanted to see if it was worth it!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I do subscribe.........but I get a lot of my recipes online.

It's a great magazine though. I look forward to flipping through every month and getting inspired! haha!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I do subscribe.........but I get a lot of my recipes online.

It's a great magazine though. I look forward to flipping through every month and getting inspired! haha!

Thanks. You are great at posting recipes from there so I figured you might. I think I may have to subscribe!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Sorry to slide in on your post, but just have to tell you - I LOVE THIS MAGAZINE..

I've tried many of their recipes and rarely find one that I don't love. They also include articles on living healthy and travel. All around great magazine..

Enjoy.. jb
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also love Cooking Light. I have only received a couple of issues, but have tried recipes out of both of them and they were delicious. I find most of my "everyday" recipes online or from a couple of healthy eating cookbooks that I have, but the Cooking Light magazine has recipes that would work better for a nice dinner or entertaining.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    how much do you pay for a year of subscription? I was getting it for 12 dollars a year. Worth it?
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I paid some outrageous amount because I signed up for a magazine sale for my co-worker's kid. I think $12 per year is a decent price.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I too love that magazine. I've tried so many recipes from that magazine. I've been subscribing for about 3 years I think and only came across one recipes that I didn't end up liking. It's well worth it.
    I have to renew and found it for 18 a year.. How did you find it for 12 a year?

-Adrienne:heart:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I too love that magazine. I've tried so many recipes from that magazine. I've been subscribing for about 3 years I think and only came across one recipes that I didn't end up liking. It's well worth it.

Don't you just love it when it comes in the mail??? I get excited and get comfy with a cup of tea and flip through from cover to cover!! :laugh:
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Thanks for the info! that is what I needed to hear to make up my mind!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    how much do you pay for a year of subscription? I was getting it for 12 dollars a year. Worth it?
    Mine is about $18 a year. I absolutely love it. I think it's worth every cent. I cook out of it a lot and rarely find something I don't like.

That Moroccan Chickpea Stew is from it! REALLY good! I know it sounds strange. I had the last leftovers for lunch yesterday and had made it Friday night. It tasted the BEST yesterday!! The flavors had soaked into every single veggie! And with the brown rice and sour cream! MM! (It calls for low fat plain yogurt but I just use sour cream).
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

Don't you just love it when it comes in the mail??? I get excited and get comfy with a cup of tea and flip through from cover to cover!! :laugh:

Yes:laugh: I wait in anticipation for it each month:happy:
    The little things that make us happy:tongue::laugh:

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Mine is about $18 a year. I absolutely love it. I think it's worth every cent. I cook out of it a lot and rarely find something I don't like.

That Moroccan Chickpea Stew is from it! REALLY good! I know it sounds strange. I had the last leftovers for lunch yesterday and had made it Friday night. It tasted the BEST yesterday!! The flavors had soaked into every single veggie! And with the brown rice and sour cream! MM! (It calls for low fat plain yogurt but I just use sour cream).

you know I love that Moroccan Stew too! I'm telling you all...you need to try it!

BTW- I don't need a subscrition......Tami posts all of the good stuff! LOL
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

you know I love that Moroccan Stew too! I'm telling you all...you need to try it!

BTW- I don't need a subscrition......Tami posts all of the good stuff! LOL
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ok, you have peeked my interest! Could you post the Moroccan Chickenpea Stew recipe? How is it with sodium? Im watching my blood pressure.
    Thanks!:happy: