My Running NSV.

Options
So, I am doing C25K and today was week 6, day 3.
A 25 minute run with no walking/stopping.

I DID IT! and I owned it today!

I can't believe when I started this (almost) seven weeks ago, I struggled to fiished the 90 second run and today I did 25 minutes (on a trail, with hills)

I found myself getting a littleemotional when I finished today. It was bubbling up from inside.

What a great feeling!

Thankful to be alive!

Replies

• toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! C25K is awesome, isn't it?!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    YAY, I hope to be this way, today was day one for me!!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Wait until you cross the finish line of your first event. It's a great feeling of accomplishment. Good for you!!
  • chicco57
    Options
    Well done!! its great to have the feeling! I 'm also doing the coutch to 5 k Ive just started week 5 so hoping to get that same feeling you have soon ! well done and keep up the good work!!
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Those "bubbles" you felt in your soul are runner's high, and very addictive. Nature's own drug, those endorphins. Congrats to you, I wish more ppl would put their balls to the wall and do C25k. great program and gets you hooked!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This makes my heart smile. :)

Best thing about running? Those moments never stop happening.

When I started running, I would run for 20 sweaty seconds at a time. This past Tuesday I ran 20 miles. Running never fails to make me feel whole.

Big huge congratulations on your accomplishment!! And cheers to many more victories to come.
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Congrats! :) You did great!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I started it a week ago and pushed too hard and now I'm sidelined with a leg injury. I was doing it two times through because it seemed too easy. The running intervals were long enough but the whole workout was too short. Now I know that although endurance wise I was ok with it, my body wasn't ready to run that much. Overtraining injury. Duh! Looking forward to starting again after a recovery period.
    Great job. I can't wait to be able to run that far without stopping!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Its a great feeling wait till you can do 30min you will be cloud nine :bigsmile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • Degren
    Options
    Way to go! I started my running adventure earlier this year, and I am still amazed how addicted I have become. Enjoy those endorphins!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    awesome and much to proud of! Keep on running! :smile:
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    That is simply a wonderful NSV. Congrats:flowerforyou: I was looking for the app on my phone. I see a couple of apps for this. Which is the best?
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic well done. i just did w5d1 which had 3 5min runs. before hand i was dreding it thought i completly couldnt do it, but i did and didint stop once. i love c25k.
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing, well done you!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome and inspiring! I did w1 for 3 weeks and just started week 2. I will be here a while too but at least I'm getting it done!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That 25 minute run will make a believer out of anyone who does it! Great job!
  • apash
    apash Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is great! It is tough to get motivated to run but once you do running can give you a real high!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    That is simply a wonderful NSV. Congrats:flowerforyou: I was looking for the app on my phone. I see a couple of apps for this. Which is the best?

I got the one by Felt Tip Inc. I love it. It was really good for the first 6 weeks with the intervals so I didn't have to keep looking at my iPod. Although, now I just look at my time and use my HRM so I can track my distance too.

Good Luck, I am amazed by this program and thrilled with the results.

My advice is to stick to it. And don't think "This is too easy, I'll do it everyday." Slow and steady is what your body needs esp. when literally going from Couch to 5K.

Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!