Newbie saying Hi

Options
Hi all, I have finally made the decision that this is the final time I will be dieting and this time I will succeed!!!!! I'm 37 and have been steadily putting on weight since I was about 13. I used to be stick thin when I was a kid but found comfort in food during some hard times, and then just found it hard to stop. I have had times when I have lost weight but always put it back on with a bit extra.
Braved the scales this week and was very shocked to find I was 285 lbs! I have a fantastic hubby and a beautiful little girl who is 2 and I want to be around to see her grow.
Been controling and recording my food intake for 4 days now and, I know it's naughty but weighed myself today and I had lost 2 lbs!! Very encouraging:wink:
Good luck to us all xx

Replies

• Luckiestmomever
    Luckiestmomever Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great...welcome, I am pretty new too! Good luck :-)
  • racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start!! Keep it up and feel free to add me as a friend. I joined 2 days ago and have found this to be the best decision I have made :smile:
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!! Don't forget to take your measurments :) Those will come down even when your weight doesn't some weeks. Good luck!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start!! Keep it up and feel free to add me as a friend. I joined 2 days ago and have found this to be the best decision I have made :smile:

I love this site too!!! Seeing everyones exercise post really gives you a kick in the butt when you feel like being lazy :) lol
  • Linnybear1974
    Options
    This site is great, thanks for all the good wishes, Great to feel so supported
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I joined in Aug and love this site. The logging your food and exercise are very helpful. You are off to a great start!!! Friend me if you want and maybe we can support each other. :smile: cynma