My story!

so I was 145 lbs. I was almost at my goal weight of 135. I started out at 211 lbs. I was making good pace and had lost so much weight in a year. Then I became so sick! High dose steroids and weekly infusions quickly brought my weight up to 190. This was in a spam of 3 weeks!

Im new to this, but I know there are people who have suffered major setbacks due to illness. You're not alone! I'm currently still in recovery and managing to lose weight! I'd love to have new friends with or without similar circumstances!

Oh! And I have to comment! There's definitely lots of girl power on this site and I love it!

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Same here. Steroids blew me up 10 years ago. Heaviest weight ever, 302. Major surgery due to a blood clot in left lung. They found a tumor in my pancreas when finding the blood clot. Good thing though. Got down to 140 in about 2 years. Maintained for 3. Back on steroids for 3 months and gained 50 back. Has taken me about 1.5 years to drop that cause am still on meds. It comes off but slowly. Still, if I take my eye off of the calories intake for any length of time I start gaining faster then I lose. So I guess I am now a lifetime dieter. Oh, well.:tongue:
  • I see the same thing! I'm almost off the meds but even at a lower dose it's hard! And I'm afraid of doing any hardcore strength exercises. I can't bruise too much as per my illness and I don't want to look like a body builder