Probably a stupid question....."-"

Options
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day so far!
So I eat my meals at the dining table, then(because it's the weekend) I go to lounge around in front of the TV or go read a book. Does going to lie around/be lazy on the couch instead of being active after eating cause weight gain? Or does it not matter? Because after my meals, I'm always really full, and then when I sit down, I feel guilty xP lol
Thank you for anyone who took the time to answer this hopefully not dumb question xD

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Seems to me I recall some scientific info that your blood goes to the stomach to aid in digestion, therefore you shouldn't exercise right away, so your digestion isn't interfered with.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's not wise to exercise after eating, so I wouldn't worry about it overmuch.
  • danewton
    danewton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's your overall daily activity that counts. If you get some exercise everyday, you're doing good.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So I eat my meals at the dining table, then(because it's the weekend) I go to lounge around in front of the TV or go read a book. Does going to lie around/be lazy on the couch instead of being active after eating cause weight gain? Or does it not matter? Because after my meals, I'm always really full, and then when I sit down, I feel guilty xP lol
    Thank you for anyone who took the time to answer this hopefully not dumb question xD
    The only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked. :)

It's probably better not to exercise right after eating. If anything, you should do it BEFORE you eat. That helps get your metabolism up and it will aid in the digestion of your food.
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    Well, I'm no expert, but I wouldn't think that it would make you gain weight, but it might not help you lose weight as quickly. There are times that we all like to be a little lazy and lounge around, but it would be better for you to take a walk instead:-)
    P.S. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Oooops, I hope that my answer doesn't fall in that category. :bigsmile:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    well I wouldn't recommend working out on a full stomach if that's what you mean.
    I always wait at least an hour after eating before I do my workouts.
    But on the other hand, your body needs time to rest from all the hard work you're doing while working out.
    I usually try to have at least 1 rest day per week.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    The only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked. :)

It's probably better not to exercise right after eating. If anything, you should do it BEFORE you eat. That helps get your metabolism up and it will aid in the digestion of your food.

No you should NOT exercise on an empty stomach because you may not have enough fuel for your body
    to complete your workout.
  • peizhi
    peizhi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All of my instructors advise me not to exercise at least an hour after i eat. I know if I workout too hard very soon after a meal i get nauseous!