In need of friends who understand!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I understand completely how you feel, joining MFP is the best thing you could have done. The message boards are so supportive, that if you feel like giving up or eating junk, make a post and watch the replies roll in. Everyone here is going through, or has been through, the same thing and we are all here for each other, whether it's to talk you out of giving up or congratulating you when you are doing well. Good luck on your journey xx :flowerforyou:
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    MFP is the right place to be, if it wasn't for MFP i know i wouldn't have lasted this long! I was the same never being able to stick to the life style change. My family wouldn't be supportive only reconise the bad choices i made when i needed a chocolate or sumfink i shouldn't be eating, But with all my new MFP friends im more determined than i've ever been and actually feel like i could do this :)
    Feel free to add me...
  • skinnyminnyme89
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean when it comes to dieting, for a few days then quitting. It is really hard. Im really busy, and quick food is usually fatty non healthy food. also, healthy food is way more expensive than junk food. I know what you mean. Like you said, If you can't do it for yourself, then think of you daughter, she needs her mother to see her grow up, and teach her everything she needs to know about this big beautiful world. You are going to stumble, maybe even fall, but get back up and try harder! Dont let anything, or anyone get you down, you just keep pushing and think of your baby the whole time. I wish you the best of luck on this long, hard, yet exciting journey!
  • monalisa64
    Options
    Hello there, I do understand your pain and I would like very much to be a part of your support group. This is a really great site and so much support and love here. I would like very much to help you on your journey to be a healthier you. feel free to add me...
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    Hi,
    I have always been slim (well according to the BMI underweight but that is not the most reliable method!)
    But I understand what it feels like to feel fat. I put on 3 kg and suddenly the body that I thought was gorgeous is now ugly to me. The little roll of fat when I turn to the side makes me angry at myself. That my tummy is no longer flat annoys me.
    Yet I realise I still need to love my body as its doing everything it needs to-keeping me alive, staying active (I work out 7 days a week) and makes my fiancee very happy.
    So embrace your body, even if you don't like it right now, enjoy it for what it can do for you.
    But change it. I don't accept that the 3kg I put on will stay on-I will lose it, as I have done before, get back to my usual weight-but not hate myself til I get to that 52/53kg!