Hydroxycut

Options
Opinions?? Im taking it to boost my weight loss, I figure since I am dieting and exercising why not??

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight with good old fashioned sweat and hard work. Trick diets don't work!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I took it for a while and didn't see any results.
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I take 2 every morning before I go to the gym and it helps give me the energy boost to work out more and harder. I don't take more than that because it makes me feel a little jittery but I think it depends on the person. I notice I always lose about a pound a week more when I take it vs. if I don't, so I would say go for it! As long as you are working out and eating healthy I'm sure it will boost your weight loss! :)
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret...there is no magic pill when it comes to weight loss. To get results you have to put in the work and sweat and make the changes. 80% nutrition, 20% exercise.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    because it's been linked to liver damage, has been sued by the gov't for "misleading statements" in its advertising, and it's a lot of money for nothing. It won't get you the results it shows in the pictures. If you insist on taking a thermogenises supplement, stick to cayenne pepper and/or green tea. Neither of those will kill your liver and costs a lot less and have actual studies showing that it might possibly help.

The way all these products work is to raise your core temperature a bit so you burn a bit more. It helps only slightly with weightloss and certainly won't help you lose tons of weight. Work out a bit harder in the gym, eat a bit cleaner and you'll get the exact same effects without taking stuff nobody knows the long term effects for. In your effort to lose weight and get healthy, why take unproven, possibly dangerous supplements like hydroxycut when they don't even work?
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You're better off with a HOT cup of coffee right before you work out, it raises your metabolism naturally and it has antioxidants. While Hydroxycut is just making $$ off you.
  • kwamgee
    Options
    i'd stay away from any of those magic pills.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    i've done every diet pill. i got the african mago now. the only one that i believe helped was acai. the actual one you got to order via website, not the $9 bottle at wal mart. hydroxycut i used, but soon after it was pulled from the stores cause of liver dammage. im not sure if they changed the formula or just said they did, and if they changed it, it may not help.

recently, i'ive been drinking Celsius. it's an energy drink (ice tea lemon) or strawberry kiwi, and it does boost metabolism, and on the can it says it helps burn belly fat, and upt to 100 extra calories while exercising. it could be in my head, but the night before i took it, i burn 846 on the eliptical, and the day i took it i burned 948. it also helps you stay energized with out the jittery lagging feeling. no sugar and 10 cals.
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well, just from personal experience, I have taken it for 9 months and have lost 40 pounds, and I have not had any problems and I am perfectly healthy. It's not a "magic pill" and if you take it and eat junk and not exercise you probably won't notice a difference, but it does give me a boost, and like I said, I always lose roughly a pound a week more when I take it than when I don't. All a matter of opinion I suppose.
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you're detoxing....why would you put such terrible substances in your body?
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight with good old fashioned sweat and hard work. Trick diets don't work!!

2nd this
  • Determined1980
    Options
    I don't believe in taking pills, but I know of people that take them before working out and they say that it gives them an extra boost of energy. I would consult with your doctor first and read the warning label.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Honestly not worth the money, you can do better by drinking a strong cup of coffee since most of it is caffeine anyway.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Opinions?? Im taking it to boost my weight loss, I figure since I am dieting and exercising why not??

Don't waste your money. The only aspect of it that might be worthwhile is the stimulant to help wake you up if you exercise in the morning. And for that you can save your money have a cup of joe or a Spike energy pill or something.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    The old ECA formula worked good. The new formula isn't worth spit.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Isn't that the one that had the Class Action lawsuit over though?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I used it seveal years ago followed directions and everything...did absolutel NOTHING for me.
  • akashastrega
    Options
    I was using it for a short time...it made me feel sick and jittery.

I now take a good Multi, Chromium, and Green Tea. Much cheaper, and no jittery side effects. I feel healthier, have more energy, and am noticing my body reshaping itself. I also try to stay within my caloric intake and do light to moderate exercise every day.

I don't think there is any magic pill. I think certain foods can help supplement and boost a bit, but when it comes down to it, for the money spent, there are cheaper things that (to me seem to) do better and are healthier.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

agreed, all the EC based burners worked reasonably well.

there really only a few proven ingredients to aid in fat loss, still diet will be most important to lose fat, some pills will only aid it slightly
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Every once in awhile I eat half of a gatorade prime thing before a workout. It gives me a boost too, and seems healthier.