losing motivation.......

Any advice...................? I've been working on this weight loss for a couple of months
& keep going up & down. I'm losing my motivation, HELP....................THX~~~~~~:flowerforyou:

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    personalllly. what helped me is to completely stop obsessing. i've been on here for 4 months now, and I don't count calories anymore or even care about my weight. Give yourself a break! Do what makes you happy :D
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    I hear ya. I am doing the same thing. I need some more motivation. I don't know if I just burned out or what. But I cannot get motivated again. My hubby and I belong to a gym, but haven't been there because he hasn't felt good. So I quit going when he stopped. We bought a treadmill and I have been trying to get motivated to do that. Hopefully the motivation will come back soon for you and myself. Good luck!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Then you are really not ready and willing to make this a lifestyle change. Check back when you are.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    I'm trying again too. Friends bailed on me so I'm alone and frustrated. I plan to start AGAIN!
  • Well looking at pictrures like Barbie's signature above is great motivation, reminds you that there is tons of other people doing it with you.
  • Hang in there. It has happened to the best of us. One thing I found is that is a bit of a mind game. Sometimes it is really hard to keep going and that is when you have to lean on those around you. My hubby keeps me going by encouraging me to keep at it. Make sure you don't deprive yourself and also change up your exercise so you don't get board. Find exercises you like to do - it doesn't have to be a traditional run, walk or bike t burn calories.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Make tomorrow the day you start again, we all get to a point where we get burned out ad need to take a break, well break time is over ladies, so tomorrow go out and do one exercise for 20 minutes, walk, run, use a treadmill, elliptical, bike, get a fitness DVD, whatever you need to get 20 minutes of exercise. Don't worry about what others are or aren't doing. I'll be at the gym tomorrow and so will lots of others, I'll post my workout tomorrow and I hope to see you do the same. Nobody can make you go to the gym or workout except you, so don't worry about everything else, just start with some regular exercise and then worry about meals, calories, etc. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Go look at the Success Stories forum. That has been a major source of motivation for me. It is great to see someone that was my size or close to it - and then see their transformation. Make the choice, each day, to treat yourself well.
  • I was the typical I'll start tomorrow person and it is still early days for me, however I have found that after taking that initial step of waking up one morning and saying ok that's enough and off to eat a banana instead of a rather unhealthy breakfast from then on its all begun to fall into place somehow. After 2 weeks, I did start to get bored then I came across a 3 day set meal plan with foods I 'thought' I hated but I dug my heels in and surprised myself at how much I enjoyed them. I have now found it less monotonous by experimenting with food and also only have 6 strict diet days out of 7 and having the 7th day as my freedom of choice day. Now when that 7th day comes along I am finding I'm still going for the healthier option as I enjoy them anyway but I won't beat myself up about what I choose to eat because as soon as I say I can't have it, I want it, but if I know I can and its in my lunch box I will happily not touch it without thinking about it. I hope that helps in some way. Try not to get disheartened, its never easy to make a lifestyle change, its certainly challenging but its rewarding and I am still learning to say no myself as I'm sure all of us on here have to learn at some stage.
  • Stop being negative, and stop saying that you are "losing motivation", because the more you say it, the more you will adjust your mindset to match your words. Get rid of the defeatist attitude.
    Every challenge has a starting point. Just do it. Healthy habits are developed, not acquired overnight.
  • I say do what Barbie advises. I recently went away for the weekend and ate LOADS and drank even more. I came back and just could not be bothered and didn't care. 2 nights later I went out for an all you can eat Chinese and ended up losing a pound, after a 1 month plateau! This is not to say eat what you want, but just relax a little, your body holds onto weight when it is stressed. So I am told anyway.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Then you are really not ready and willing to make this a lifestyle change. Check back when you are.

Hmmmmm.......that wasn't nice, Don't "ASUME" I didn't make a (change), you don't know me! SMDH......
  • Bouneschlupp
    Bouneschlupp Posts: 29 Member
    Something that works for me are "motivational posters" (found them @ pinterest) that I've hung up just in front of my treadmill, with statements like: "It's actually pretty simple: either you do it or you don't" or "Just run", they have some kind of "brainwash-effect" and keep pushing me.
    Good luck!
  • I started the myfitnesspal program on 8/28 and have been able to stay under the 1,200 calorie cap pretty well but did not even bother to get weighed before I began because I don't want to be a slave to the scale. I figure that I will be able to tell whether I'm losing or not by how I feel and how my clothes are fitting. The waistline of my pants feels a little less tight now but I have no idea of whether or not I lost pounds. I plan to get on the scale after doing this for about 6 weeks and then check occasionally. In the past I got into the habit of weighing myself daily with weight fluctuations of as much as a couple of pounds up or down. I think a lot has to do with how much fluid you are retaining. I feel better that I'm not even going that route this time. It's too discouraging to get on the scale and find out that you are 2 pounds heavier after you have been trying so hard.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    I have been stuck for the last 6 months going up and down 3 lbs, some days I think I can't do it anymore, but then I miss my work outs and the great way I feel when I am healthy. I have to remind myself that its not just about being thin, its about loving myself, feeling good inside and out, energy and good health. I have tried every diet almosf and nothing feels as good as eating a healthy balanced diet. I had a little too much cake this weekend and I woke up with a cakeover, a cake hang over!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Stop being negative, and stop saying that you are "losing motivation", because the more you say it, the more you will adjust your mindset to match your words. Get rid of the defeatist attitude.
    Every challenge has a starting point. Just do it. Healthy habits are developed, not acquired overnight.

truth. keep at it and it will become habit
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Everybody has that "hit a brick wall" moment. I did recently. What helped me was to back up a few steps, take a break (this weekend was my break-no working out, no counting calories, no reading nutrition labels), and i can't wait until tomorrow so i can get back into my "typical" day.

I also have a Wall of Motivation; images of women whose physique i admire and aspire to become, people doing crazy yoga poses that i hope one day to achieve, clothes that i want to look good on me, and how much i have to lose before i'm back in my favorite jeans.

Don't get me wrong, i've been doing this for over a year and some days i want to scream and rip that board off my wall because it feels like i should be done by now, but then i remember that none of the people on that wall got to where they are and the level they compete at overnight, and if i eat like crap it will just take longer.

Some times you just have to take a deep breath and say, "i am unclenching my buttcheeks and chilling out about this today. i can't be anal my entire life."

After you take a break for a little while, you'll be amazed how much you miss the challenge.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    idk if this is viewable to ppl who aren't my friends, but I put photos of girls I think are really pretty in my album (i also put my own pics to help compare over time). Seeing these gorgeous girls really helps me. I also have one as my desktop pic and on my cell. Her name is Jung Roo and I love her! xD

Try this, and it might help. Everytime I see Jung Roo my motivation reappears :) This is my desktop background: http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9371/filedowned8.jpg
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    I want to thank all of you, for your kind words & good advice. very much appreciated......:heart: