Red potatoes what can i do with them?

Options
2»

Replies

• lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    MMM these recipes sound amazing!! May cook them even tonight. I have garlic powder, paprika, odobo, rosemary, sage, olive oil, and a no calorie cooking spray.. i may just have to throw them in the oven tonight... =) thanks so much everyone
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Taken from Food Network, but I leave the potatoes whole, cut down on the olive oil (just enough to coat), and dry rosemary works just fine. Increase cook time if leaving potatoes whole. I'm lazy, so I roast it on no-stick foil.

Ingredients
    4 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed, halved
    2 heads garlic, cloves separated
    4 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Kosher salt and pepper to taste
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss new potatoes and garlic cloves with rosemary. Toss with olive oil to coat lightly and add salt and pepper to taste. Lightly oil a sheetpan and spread potatoes out into one layer, cut side down. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before removing with a spatula. Serve hot or cold.

dang i was gonna suggest this. this is my FAVORITE!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    New potatoes have a lower sugar content that russet or baking potatoes.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    red potatoes are my favorite :D i quarter them, add some oil, salt, and pepper, and roast them- it looks like you already have a recipe posted here, but eventually you can just throw em in a pan at 400 and they'll turn out perfect <3
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    saute with a little olive oil, add fresh minced garlic, cumin and chili powder. As they near being done wilt fresh spinach with them. Serve with favorite grilled meat or portabella mushrooms.