Shoes for walking...

2»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    i just purchased sketcher tone up fitness shoes, love them.

With ankle issues - I would stay away from the tone up shoes. The sole is high and you're more likely to "roll" your ankle in them.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Along with all the others.....GO TO A RUNNING SHOE STORE AND HAVE THEM DO A GAIT ANALYSIS AND LET THEM FIT YOU PROPERLY.
    Good shoes are not cheap, but neither is the doctor when you are all jacked up cause everything is messed up cause you were walking in junky, non properly fitting shoes.

Agreed! Good shoes are cheaper than a doctor visit or surgery because you've placed an already vulnerable part of your body in a bad position and end up hurt.

From someone who has issues with their back (steel rods AND a bulging disc) and hip issues (bursitis/fatigue stress fracture) don't skimp on the shoes! They aren't a frivolous expense - they are a necessity!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Well, I'm convinced. I just did 1.5 miles and pulled a muscle from my ankle to the calf. I will begin my search. Thanks for all of the suggestions! They are appreciated.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    If money is tight go to a running store, take an old pair of shoes with you, get fitted appropriately and then go online to buy. The fitting is free. Later, when you can afford to pay the running store prices go back and buy from them.