Eating the same

Options
I am so happy for everyone, I hope that I too can have success with MFP. Can I still eat whatever you want, but exercise and still lose weight? I hear people say that they eat whatever they want in moderation and exercise, and they lose.

Replies

• Kwauna
    Kwauna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for everyone, I hope that I too can have success with MFP. Can I still eat whatever you want, but exercise and still lose weight? I hear people say that they eat whatever they want in moderation and exercise, and they lose.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The answer is sure, eat whatever you want, but expect to be hungry. The idea of having things in moderation varies from one opinion to the next. When you exercise, you're burning more calories, so if your food QUALITY is poor, you'll be hungry, and probably eat too much, unless you are very strict and careful.

Good luck.
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's funny, in the beginning I really just cut down my portions and ate the same foods to stay within cals. But after a while I didn't want the junk as much and started craving healthier food choices- and it meant I was able to eat more. But yes, you can eat what you like and still loose weight. That's the great thing about MPF! Try to make sure you are staying in the range of your daily needs for protien carbs calc. etc...
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    To an extent, I think you can eat what you want (don't want to feel deprived), but I think it's absolutely key to get all of your servings of fruits, veggies and water in EVERY DAY (try this site to find out how many you need for your age, weight and activity level: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/index.html). Once you start doing that, you'll have less room for the "bad" stuff but if you still have calories go for it. This is meant to be a lifestyle change, not a diet, so it shouldn't feel overly restrictive.
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    I am new to the site but on the first day found it hard not to go in the negative on the protein before using all my calories -- is that normal?