40 g of total sugar?

Hey. I love Fitness Pal. It's helped modify my diet. HOWEVER I think there is a problem. At 2000 caloies you're only entitled to 40 g of sugar a day??? Maybe refined sugar. If you have a couple of servings of fruit (natural sugar) you're over the limit on that easily. Anyone care to comment?

Replies

• Hey. I love Fitness Pal. It's helped modify my diet. HOWEVER I think there is a problem. At 2000 caloies you're only entitled to 40 g of sugar a day??? Maybe refined sugar. If you have a couple of servings of fruit (natural sugar) you're over the limit on that easily. Anyone care to comment?
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    I may be doing this wrong but I always go wayyyy over my protein limit since that is what I mostly eat, I seem to still be doing well. I guess if you eat a lot of fruit then its the same...as long as you keep the calories where they need to be, then maybe thats what makes the difference?:happy:
  • bobbie
    bobbie Posts: 1
    I had the same reaction to the sugar per day! I would check with your doctor as to what he/she recommends for you, of course, but i checked with my mother, who is diabetic, and she's not suppose to have over 35-40 grams of sugar per day. This includes sugars from fruits. Granted, I am not diabetic, but I will try to incorporate the sugar guideline into my diet...after i loose the weight i need to. One thing at a time!
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    I don't track anything but calories, since I use this site for weight loss/maintenance only. That's enough stress! :grumble:
  • don't quote me, but i read that as long as you are eating the normal servings of fruit, then that sugar is "good sugar." however, make sure that your daily fruit intake does exceed your daily vegetable intake. i hope that helps. =)=)