Question about skinny jeans

Options
OK...weird question here. I carry all my weight right in my belly. Because of that I have to get a bigger size to fit my tummy but the legs of my pants are huge. Should I try a pair of skinny jeans then? Something more tapered to my leg?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    YES! The only jeans that fit my leg nicely are skinny jeans! However...they don't really look good with sneakers, etc, so I wear a lot of jeans tucked into boots when winter comes.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    YES! The only jeans that fit my leg nicely are skinny jeans! However...they don't really look good with sneakers, etc, so I wear a lot of jeans tucked into boots when winter comes.

skinny jeans and converse look great tho! :D

love skinny jeans :] thats all i will wear haha
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    What about getting those jeans that have the stretchy stuff in them. That way they fit you up top and still snug up to the legs too.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I usually avoid skinny jeans just because they make my hips look even larger! But they are great with boots in the winter.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Haha good idea! I actually have a pair but I never really wear them! I was thinking more of like Pumas, etc. when I wrote that!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Try Old Navy jeans. The ones they call The Dreamer.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Haha good idea! I actually have a pair but I never really wear them! I was thinking more of like Pumas, etc. when I wrote that!

ooohhh so true! Yea pumas might not look the best xD Im always rockin my converse and skinnies :]
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I usually avoid skinny jeans just because they make my hips look even larger! But they are great with boots in the winter.

Agreed, with my thick middle & generous rear, I feel like skinny jeans create an undesirable "ice-cream-cone" effect on me. I think straight legs or boot cut are far more flattering.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'd worry about looking like a round ball on top of a pair of toothpicks. I reall like wider leg versions of my jeans.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you have a big mid-section, I think skinny jeans will just emphasize that visually. I would go for a more relaxed fit in the legs to keep things in proportion.
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue--had some luck a couple of years ago with stretchy DKNY jeans at macy's. Also found a couple of good ones at marshall's and, again, the key with those and the dkny's was that that they're really soft and stretchy. :)
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Hmm....maybe my jeans today are just too big in general...hard to say...and I don't wanna go spending a ton of money on something that (hopefully) wouldn't fit in a few months....
    Thanks for the help! :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i think that would be a good idea. skinny jeans look rly good with keds =) if u want a pair that fits better and will stretch to fit ur body shape...i recommend Grane jeans from Macys...^^
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I go for bootcut or baggyish low rise jeans, personally. My legs and bum fit into my old size 14 jeans now but b*ggered if I can do them up (Who am I kidding? There's a good 2 inch gap there lol). Low rise jeans/trousers seem more comfortable and forgiving as you can belt them up under the tummy and wear something flattering over the top!

I think skinny jeans are there to create the illusion of curves for skinny people lol.
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love my skinney jeans with flip-flops!! :happy:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I bought a load of skinny jeans on eBay, to see which company actually looked good. My waist is a size bigger than my hips (thanks to my mummy tummy :laugh: :sad:), so only one of the brands actually looked skinny (Miss Selfridge's, for anyone in the UK). I'd definitely recommend trying eBay.