Here comes a taboo subject..

Options
Weight loss pills.

What's your opinion, what do you take, what have you experienced?

I'm not attempting to go on them, but I see quite a few of you out there are taking them. How has it increased your weight loss? What kind of issues have you acquired because of them?

Tell me secrets!

Replies

• Justfeedmebooks
    Options
    Haven't taken them. Will never take them.

I want to lose weight naturally and achieve a healthy lifestyle. Diet pills are a crazy concept to me. Even if they DID work without side effects I wouldn't take them. I did this to myself and I need to work hard and earn my health.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    OK...ya knew someone would get on ya for this...hahahhaha. But be very careful. You can end up with cardiac issues. I use konjac root. It is a capsule and all it really is, is fiber. It helps fill you up! I also use chia seeds which also fill you up. If I can help you, please let me know. Good luck!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I took Hydroxycut and SlimQuick (not at the same time) for a while and neither worked. Neither one got me better results than plain old exercise and healthy eating. Quick fixes don't work, they're just a waste of money.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My only time I took a diet pill was Hydroxycut.. i saw a few lbs difference but nothing too extreme. I mostly think it was because I was pushing myself more to get to the gym because I thought I was superwoman with my new "magic pill." Now that I look back that was total bullsh*t. You can push yourself without them.

I stopped when I heard all the stories of people who had crazy side effects and all that because it kinda freaked me out.

I've seen better results by upping my protein, lowering my carbs and calories & hitting the weights hard.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I have in the past, phentramine. I couldn't sleep, had a weird heart beat and sometimes felt like I couldn't get enough air in.

ALSO the most I ever lost on them was about 20 pounds....

Now with no pills I am at 82 pounds and have NO crazy symptoms.
  • dannylives
    Options
    took some xenadrine a long time ago and it didnt work, i wouldnt take any diet pills again. It all comes down to being disciplined with your eating and working out the right way, and putting effort into your workouts. Also, learning about exercise from reliable sources.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I used to be a fan of diet pills for artificial energy, but they never really had any actual appetite suppressing qualities. I don't think the false energy and crash afterwards are worth it, it's not like you can take them for the rest of your life...
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My only time I took a diet pill was Hydroxycut.. i saw a few lbs difference but nothing too extreme. I mostly think it was because I was pushing myself more to get to the gym because I thought I was superwoman with my new "magic pill." Now that I look back that was total bullsh*t. You can push yourself without them.

I stopped when I heard all the stories of people who had crazy side effects and all that because it kinda freaked me out.

I've seen better results by upping my protein, lowering my carbs and calories & hitting the weights hard.

Placebo Effect!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills.

I'm not attempting to go on them, but I see quite a few of you out there are taking them. How has it increased your weight loss? What kind of issues have you acquired because of them?

Tell me secrets!
    Since you are "not attempting to go on them" why the need to know?
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I've been tempted but I wouldn't dare because of some of the awful side effects you hear about - being fecally incontinent with oily poo for a start - arghhhh, terrifying!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    They are addicting and screw up your body. They will kill your heart and screw up your metabolism.

Just do it the old fashioned way
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I tried a crazy japanese pill that made my heart hurt. Nothing but diarrhea. Hydroxycut. Nothing. Phentermine. Lost weight but only because I could not eat and it made me feel agitated but then it stopped working. Im doing better without it. I know peolpe that used other stuff and they agree it was all a waste. Swallow healthy food instead.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options

Placebo Effect!

Exactly! They could have been selling me water in a capsule.. it would have done me more good!
  • jcannon15
    Options
    i took two day diet, japanese lingzhi. I lost about 30lbs and was the thinnest i'd ever in my adult life however, once i stopped taking them i gained the weight back
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills.

Tell me secrets!
    Since you are "not attempting to go on them" why the need to know?

Because I'm curious why so many people are interested in them, and I wanted to see what people had to say about them. I've never tried them, nor have I ever had the desire to. I see a lot of statuses out there about people chugging coffee or taking 3 of those 5 hour power shots before a work out-- sounds dangerous to me. I've heard some pretty rough stories about hydroxycut too, and I was just watching tv and I guess Jillian Micheals put one out on the market too.... What a crazy, messed up world where we think there's a pill for everything, including weight loss..
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    In a moment of desperation I tried Slimquick. It didn't increase my weight loss. I did notice it suppressed my hunger a bit and gave me a little more energy (same as when I drink tea or coffee).

Honestly, if someone was really dying from hunger pangs at 1500 calories or something, I might say try them and see if it helps. But for how expensive they are....not really worth it. Better to just eat more filling food w/ protein or fiber. :)
  • dannylives
    Options
    Its okay to ask questions. Some people are just smart *kitten* on here. ;)
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have both taken them and lost 40 lbs. He took xenadrine and I took phentramin. We both put ALLLLLL the weight back on and then some. They get you to th point where you don't feel like eating but after you stop taking them...you are STARVING!!!! At least that was the case with us:)) We have both taken the other route.....eating less and moving more:)) We have both lost over 40 pounds this way BUT this time....we know how to make better choices:)) Good luck on whatever decision you make.

Keisha
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Haha my opinion is probably not the popular one. I think they're cheating, honestly - we all got ourselves into this, we should have to work to get ourselves out.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Its okay to ask questions. Some people are just smart *kitten* on here. ;)

I think that's pretty clear now.. lol.