? for Oldbies

Options
Just wondering.....

When you enter all of your food for the day, on the"home" tab...just under your daily summary there is a button you can click on that says Complete Today's entry

If you do it says "If every day were like today... You'd weigh XXX.X lbs in 5 weeks.

I wonder how accurate that is? What's your take on that?

Replies

• lpadilla75
    Options
    Just wondering.....

When you enter all of your food for the day, on the"home" tab...just under your daily summary there is a button you can click on that says Complete Today's entry

If you do it says "If every day were like today... You'd weigh XXX.X lbs in 5 weeks.

I wonder how accurate that is? What's your take on that?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Take it from EXPERIENCE that it is accurate almost to a fault!!! I marked my calender for 5 weeks ahead and wrote in the weight I'd be, and stuck to my diet, and I can attest that it is accurate!!! When I checked the calender, and looked at the scale, darn it, it was DEAD ON!! Spooky!

The only caveat is that you have to make sure you're eating that same amount every day, or it'll be off by ounces.
  • titans6us
    Options
    I always say I will believe it when I see it.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Im gonna have to start trying to use that then. My calorie burn each day is different depending on what I do for the day so my calories of waht I can eat is always different.
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    HOLY SMOKES!!! Really??

Sweet! If I could reach out and hug you I would...at best on the internet ((Russia))...big hugs.

I'm sticking to it!!

Thanks so much for the info...talk about motivation! WooHoo!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I just use it as a guideline. I mean, I'm not going to eat the same thing day in and day out for 5 weeks:grumble: :angry: :laugh: And calories vary with different foods. I just use it as a guideline to see how well I did for the day. It says to me..."hey, if you eat like this every day you would weigh this much in 5 weeks" Then I think to myself I did good today :drinker: or Whoops embarrassed.gif.....better not do that again:ohwell:

:laugh: But I've heard it is accurate...if you eat the same exact amount of calories every day for 5 weeks :bigsmile:

If ya try it let me know how that works out for ya th_smalldancingman.gif
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    I'm giving it a try. I just started with the site last Friday so I'm using that as my starting point.

I always have a hard time figuring out how many calories I should use since I workout quite a bit. I'm finding it much easier these days using the tools on this site.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well how about that! I never clicked that button before. I'll have to start doing that. :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I've never paid much attention to it myself...sorta the same thoughts as Kell shared.

But I'm not really about numbers though...I only weight myself perhaps once monthly or so... to crazy feeling to get caught up in the numbers game for me! I used to drive myself crazy jumpin on and off the scale and allowing it to dicate my life. :noway: :wink: :bigsmile:

but that's just me and what works for me:flowerforyou: