Austin, Tx

Options
Hello, I have been using the iphone app for several weeks, but just logged on to the PC. I am in the Austin Tx area and would like to add some online friends to support and be supported by. Because of what I do for a living, I think it would be great to put together an activity/support group composed of myfitnesspal members living in the Austin metro area. If you are interested in being an online friend or live in the Austin metro area an are interested in forming a local group please add me and send me a message. Thanks and the very best of luck in your weight loss efforts!

Replies

• BigMamaDiva
    Options
    Hi! While I dont live in Austin YET, my husband and I do plan on moving their in the near future! I am always willing and able to be a motivator! Getting fit isnt an easy task!
  • booatx
    Options
    No its not! I know firsthand that having someone to say, let's do this, works. I have a gym buddy and we encourage each other. I am commited to reaching my goal and so far myfitnesspal has been a positive addition to my efforts. I plan on continuing to use this site now and as long as it is around.
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi! While I dont live in Austin YET, my husband and I do plan on moving their in the near future! I am always willing and able to be a motivator! Getting fit isnt an easy task!

Hey there! I am planning on moving to Austin soon as well and would love to get to know people there even now!
  • cld0210
    cld0210 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Ive lived in Austin all my life and I am in need of work out buddies. I have a few now but they are busy with their life and cant help me much. I took a year off work to get my weight under control after finding out I have type 2 diabetes. Ive got the eating part down but the exercise part is what i need help with. Can anyone help? add me as a friend lets go walking im easing my way into exercising more and more every day I am going 0.8 of a mile now walking my dog and she makes me run lol. When I first started this I could hardly stand up at all or even make a full trip to the store even with a cart. I feel much better then ever now and looking for support. Thank you :) Courtney