Favorite Aerobics Shoes

Options
I'm getting ready to shop for some workout shoes, mainly for aerobics. Does anybody have brands/styles to suggest? I'd like to know what everyone thinks works best for them. My biggest issue is that I have shin splints and my arches cramp up after about half an hour for some reason, I'm thinking the cramps are shoe related, the shin splints don't bother me as long as I make sure to properly warm up.

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Nike has some shoes called "Bowerman". The insides are super cushioned with silicone. They lasted quite a long time, I don't buy sneakers more than once every 9 months to a year.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love New Balance and am starting to like Asics. As for the arches, you might want to try an arch support. Start off with a foam style one. It really helps me. Also, when trying on shoes, you want to make sure you have at least 1/2 a thumb's width of room. Your shoes should stretch a little but if you don't have that room, it will be uncomfortable. Hope this helps!
  • MissKittyrina
    Options
    ha ha, I know that one. I haven't bought new ones for 2 years. My motivation now is that the rubber soles have literally split all the way across on both shoes, not fun for aerobics and my sketchers walkers are not ankle friendly enough for aerobics ha ha.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Get yourself to a professional runners store where they sell al wide vairety of shoes for all different types of activities. What I mean is don't go to the local big box store and just buy something that looks cute. You need to be measured properly and explain what type of activity you will be doing so the best shoe can be chosen. Me, personally I go with a New Balance cross trainer. I have a fairly wide foot (at the moment) although my size has decreased from a WW to a med or W in the past year. My next pair will probably not be a WW.