Can't seem to eat enough?

Options
Hi all
I have this question? I am suppost to eat at least 2140 calories a day to loose weight and here it is at the end if the day and I have at least 1007 to go! I eat really good..I have the protein and the vegtables and all the good stuff but I eat in smaller portions. I need advice and help
Fleety

Replies

• picklepoo
    picklepoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Personally I have never gone into "starvation mode" from eating 1007 calories per day. I think as long as you are eating through out the day, your metabolism should be fine. Hope this helps. Good luck to you!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Try to include some peanut butter, nuts or oils in your diet. They provide calories with good nutrients and shouldn't fill you up too much.

If you're losing at the rate you want eating what you are, by all means continue as you are (if you're filling up on salads and vegies). But if you're not getting the results you're after, try upping your intake using healthier choices. Make sure your protein and calcium goals are met each day!!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I believe when I first started, mine was at 1700 calories. I never eat that much. I went back and adjusted to a 2lb loss a week, which took it down to 1390/day. I mainly just try to make sure I'm getting somewhere close to 1200 a day and not really worry about it.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Give me about 3 minutes and I can find 1000 calories ... give me five minutes and they're already eaten. Here are some ideas:

Almonds (or other nuts)
    Real Ice Cream
    Peanut Butter
    Whole Milk
    Popcorn
    Real Cheese

Ohhhh, I forgot ... BEER!

A real pbj with a cold glass of whole milk ... now that would hit the spot!
  • picklepoo
    picklepoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you want, I can eat the extra 1000 calories for you.