Favorite replacements

Options
I know there are a lot of "replacements" out there but I can't really think of any except my favorite. I replace any lettuce with fresh spinach, if I cut it into ribbons even my kids don't notice, they just think it's really really green lettuce.

What are some of your favorite "replacements?"

Replies

• iamrobyn
    Options
    Waldon Farms salad dressings, jellys, cocktail sauce, and ketchup. No more wasted calories there! I also use the Sara Lee Multi-Grain 45 Calories and Delicious bread. It is thinner then regular bread but I have fooled myself into not noticing that.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    - Plain fat-free Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (you can't tell the difference)
    - My ultimate fave is PB2 instead of peanut butter!
    - Almond Dream vanilla ice cream instead of Ben & Jerry's :P
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    adding mushrooms into everything with ground beef. They "beef" any dish up and I can cut down on the amount of meat :). Also fat free sour cream for a replacement of salad dressings and cheese/creaminess (add in some grated lemon rind or dijon mustard for more flavour).
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I substitute Fage 0% greek yogurt for sour cream, avocado for mayo on sandwiches and in tuna, sara lee 80 cal and delicious hamburger buns, ground bison or lean turkey for ground beef, etc.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad I am not the only one who does that with the spinach!!! I don't know if it's better but now on sandwiches I use hummus instead of Mayo, yogurt for a dip instead of sour cream plus I changed regular bread for Flatout Flatbread.
  • countryfatgirl
    countryfatgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to use cauliflower and can't believe it is not butter for a mashpotato replacement. Cook cauliflower, blend, add butter, salt and pepper... It was better than nothing...LOL
  • adventuring
    Options
    I use Better'n Peanut Butter instead of regular peanut butter, mostly because I prefer the taste by quite a bit. It's definitely my favorite replacement.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad I am not the only one who does that with the spinach!!! I don't know if it's better but now on sandwiches I use hummus instead of Mayo, yogurt for a dip instead of sour cream plus I changed regular bread for Flatout Flatbread.

I use hummus in lieu of mayo & FlatOut wraps instead of bread too! Love 'em.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Me again. Plus I changed regular milk to the Almond Breeze. Seems to "digest" better.
  • MissKittyrina
    Options
    I substitute Fage 0% greek yogurt for sour cream, avocado for mayo on sandwiches and in tuna, sara lee 80 cal and delicious hamburger buns, ground bison or lean turkey for ground beef, etc.

I've never thought of avocado with the tuna, I'll have to try that. I usually use cream cheese instead of mayo in my tuna...sounds gross but I actually like it better than mayo (can't stand vinegar flavor). May not be better fat wise, but it has way more protein.

So many great suggestions, writing them all down, yay!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I used to use cauliflower and can't believe it is not butter for a mashpotato replacement. Cook cauliflower, blend, add butter, salt and pepper... It was better than nothing...LOL

I love this and do it all the time - can't even imagine eating mashed potatoes now!