A little bit of a humorous vent...

Options

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I like the funny email chain that was going around a while back...

You gotta be some special kind of stupid to forget to eat.

that would be me.... on depressed, sad or stressed days. (mostly in my past - the days, since I found MFP, I have tried much harder).
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    lol while that is true if you change the food you eat to be more healthy also then it is harder to eat all of your calories lol yes were all in this situation because we abviously ate over our calorie limit too many times but that was probably eating cake cookies greasy fried crap all day every day and now that the crap was eliminated the healty stuff doesnt have as many calories making it dificult to eat enouggh lol
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I wasn't offended by the post but I was actually a person who started a thread about not eating enough which I stated the meds I was on and more. I had people kindly give suggestions and about talking to my dr about cutting the pill in half and etc. It was nice and gave me more info to talk to my Dr. about. Instead of just not eating enough and staying on it I was able to have the info needed to open dialog with my Dr.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    **darn double post**
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Switching from "junk" to healthy bulky foods like vegetables does leave me feeling very full - and I can see that this could be one scenario. Those situations are easy enough to fix - drizzle some olive oil on the veggies, add a bit of cheese, eat some nuts and you're there.

But don't forget that some of the people on this site are actually dealing with eating disorders - their sense of food is skewed. They may sincerely be struggling with putting the food in their mouths - not as a physical response to the food but as a psychological one. At some level, they don't really WANT to eat all their calories, and saying it's too hard gives them an easy excuse to continue starving themselves.

Thank you!
  • I like the funny email chain that was going around a while back...

The only thing stupid about it is your ignorance.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

*eyeroll* I KNOW you're not talking about me. No, of course not.
  • I like the funny email chain that was going around a while back...

Just so you know, ignorance & sarcasm doesn't suit you. I'm going to leave it at that.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

Just so you know, ignorance & sarcasm doesn't suit you. I'm going to leave it at that.
    Oh, get over yourself.
  • bry_all01
    Options

I would just like to point out that namecalling isn't really the way to help others understand where you are coming from.
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    Your wrong!...... I at times have problems eating enough
    I try and eat atleast 80% clean I try to burn as close to 1000
    cal a day as possible.
    Just because people are having trouble eating enough dos'nt
    mean we want to grab a coke and a king dong, I eat lots every 2 hrs
    check out some of my diary, no im not perfect I have bad choices
    but i struggle with getting enough net calories most days.
    Everyone is different and there post mean there having trouble with the right choices
    to reach there goal not just eating anything

I agree completely though I don't usually have issues with hitting 1400 to 1500 calories per day. I am eating whole foods for the most part and burn nice calories in exercise. But I do not starve with this amount if calories and have never had an eating disorder. Just look at me...

When I eat healthy, I eat less calories.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Q isn't ignorant. I'll vouch, she's my home girl.

Lemon, there's a difference between legit "forgetting" to eat and an eating disorder, an ED is something you almost train into your body, to ignore the hunger cues and to go on not eating. I taught myself to not eat when hungry, I taught myself to ignore the signs, and now, I often don't eat when I feel a hunger pang because I trained my body to ignore it. That's the difference, our bodies were trained to ignore it.

Q, you made me laugh, well done.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    LMAO.
    I get so annoyed at that.
    Like it sure used to be easy for you, how'd it get so tough haha.

It was easy as we ate crap. It's tough now as we're not.

And i get annoyed that everyone seems to think that everyone loves fruit/veg/nuts etc. What about those of us that DONT like that stuff? 600 calories under...ill just eat a couple of chocolate bars to get it then, shall i?

When i started i found it hard to get my required calories, without getting too much fat. I wished for a magic 500 calorie pill that had 0 fat.

There are so many generic replies to things that inevitably have "eat more fruit/veg/nuts/peanut butter"...suppose we hate that stuff? Got any better advice?

There are a variety of high density foods that are healthy and nutritious that will help you meet your caloric needs. And a bit of chocolate (especially dark chocolate) can certainly be a part of a healthy diet.

For picky eaters, it is crucial to Plan Ahead so that you don't find yourself at the end of a day with a massive deficit to fill

some foods that come to mind are hummus, whole grains, dairy....

or

http://tinyurl.com/3pp4zn9
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Lemon, there's a difference between legit "forgetting" to eat and an eating disorder, an ED is something you almost train into your body, to ignore the hunger cues and to go on not eating. I taught myself to not eat when hungry, I taught myself to ignore the signs, and now, I often don't eat when I feel a hunger pang because I trained my body to ignore it. That's the difference, our bodies were trained to ignore it.

Q. we love you don't stop
    brick-loud-noises-b.jpg
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It's more of a psychological thing usually. People are scared to overeat now because they had been overeating for such a long time.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Your wrong!...... I at times have problems eating enough
    I try and eat atleast 80% clean I try to burn as close to 1000
    cal a day as possible.
    Just because people are having trouble eating enough dos'nt
    mean we want to grab a coke and a king dong, I eat lots every 2 hrs
    check out some of my diary, no im not perfect I have bad choices
    but i struggle with getting enough net calories most days.
    Everyone is different and there post mean there having trouble with the right choices
    to reach there goal not just eating anything

?? There are plenty of clean foods that have just as many calories as a coke and a king don. The OP never suggested eating junk food. Just drizzle some EVOO over your veggies or eat a handful of nuts and you'll have added over 100 calories.
  • bry_all01
    Options

Q. we love you don't stop
    brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

believing???
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a hard time getting all my calories! because I traded things like fries and shakes for almond milk and Zucchini, still the same amount of volume...just not calories. I used to eat little meals of high calorie nothingness! and now I eat veggies and fruit.

I have the problem of not being able to eat anymore...:grumble: but I will force eat some peanut butter or a protein bar just so i don't go under

Volume vs Calories....its not hard to be under, be full, and feel like you cant eat anymore :bigsmile: just sayin
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Power Bars have been a great item to help boost calories on days when I've needed the calorie boost. Lately I haven't needed them, football season is brutal.
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If I could forget to eat, or have trouble eating enough, I'd celebrate by eating, lol.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! :)

Love it! and I agree with this post fully! Its not hard to eat a few table spoons of peanut butter - for me anyway! probably why I'm here lol!

I completely agree. I always love when I've got some to spare to add peanut butter. Melted PB on a banana, YUM! haha