ugh. starting again

Ive tried every diet, medifast, nutrisystem, pills, weight watchers.. i lose weight initially but then gain it all back. Im now at my highest weight ever. I feel gross, nothing fits right and its time to make a change. I have heard great things about this site, so, Im hoping it will give me the support and encouragement i need.

Replies

• Welcome and good luck...its takes time and A LOT of patience...but you can do it..Add me as a friend if you wish..support is always a good thing
  • countryfatgirl
    countryfatgirl Posts: 20 Member
    I am with you... we can do this thing....
  • Welcome! I've tried "fads" before, but I've found that I have the most success when I don't think of it as a "diet" and make smaller, sustainable changes. Good luck!
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    No diets here. These are lifestyle changes that we are making. Don't think of it as a diet, you can always stop dieting, but you don't stop a change in your life.

Good Luck and welcome !!
    Denise
  • Ok.. im trusting you on this one :)
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Welcome! Been there, done that myself :). I've tried them all too... I love Mfp and I hope you will find it helps you too! I have gone further this time than other times (losing 20 lbs or so then getting bored and giving up, eventually gaining it all back and more). I am so focused this time... But what has really helped this time Is that I can work in the foods I love so I don't feel deprived! This is so flexible and you can customize it to your needs. if you are mentally ready you will succeed too! Good luck on your journey - there are lots of positive, supportive people on here to help cheer you on :)
  • thanks!! you are right. It is a frame of mind to be in. When i say i am on a diet, i am always hungry.. if i say i am changing my lifestyle, I WILL be successful.
  • Ive been on this site for 15 minutes now and have gotten a ton of support.. thank you all!!!!!!!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    No diets here. These are lifestyle changes that we are making. Don't think of it as a diet, you can always stop dieting, but you don't stop a change in your life.

Good Luck and welcome !!
    Denise

Denise is so right!! It's a lifestyle change not a diet because if you think diet, it's more of a temporary mind-set... That is also different for me this time - thanks for that!!
  • This site is great. I've had my moments but over all I LOVE mfp. I'm just getting back into the groove myself. Feel free to add me.