Do you use apps?

Options
I actually started MFP through the android app, so I'm curious to see if other users have the same app affinity as I do. Currently using MFP's mobile app along with something called Cario Trainer to track my exercise. Love both the apps because they make it easier to keep me on track.

Share? ;)

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i use the mfp app when i'm out and about

I use Endomondo to track my bicycling.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and Cardio trainer. For my runs and bikes.
  • RRB_Fan
    RRB_Fan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use the same MFP for Android and Endomondo to track my cardio.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love the MFP app for iPhone, but I'm disappointed I can't see my friends' open diaries or message boards. I also use MapMyRun or MapMyWalk (basically the same) to track my walking, running and biking using their GPS. GPS can be wicked crazy at times so sometimes I use the desktop version to get accurate mileage.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I use the mfp app, as well as a couch to 5k app.
  • halejr23
    Options
    I use mfp and RunKeeper for all my elliptical, outside running, biking workouts. I use my heart rate monitor to track actual calorie burn as the treadmills, ellipticals, etc are always way off.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I actually started MFP through the android app, so I'm curious to see if other users have the same app affinity as I do. Currently using MFP's mobile app along with something called Cario Trainer to track my exercise. Love both the apps because they make it easier to keep me on track.

Share? ;)

How funny, I too use Cardio Trainer. It's my favorite gps tracking app!

I think MFP needs to include gps tracking in its app. It sure would make it a whole lot easier to add it to diary
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    MFP of course, and an app on my Android called "My Tracks" for when I hop on the bike. Tracks all the below as well as maps the route via GPS. After I finish recording a track, I can upload the map and ALL the stats (seriously, so cool - elevation gain/loss has a graph) to my Google Maps and then of course save it in Google in My Places.

EX:

Total Distance:
    Total Time:
    Moving Time:
    Average Speed:
    Average Moving Speed:
    Max Speed:
    Min Elevation:
    Max Elevation:
    Elevation Gain:
    Max Grade:
    Min Grade:
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love the MFP app for iPhone, but I'm disappointed I can't see my friends' open diaries or message boards.

Ditto. It's very limited when it comes to friends, but otherwise it does what I want it to do.

Yay, I'm glad I found a bevvy of people who are app-crazy like me! Woohoo! And isn't Cardo Trainer just fab? <3
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I started off using the blackberry app, before I started using the site.... I still use the app allllllll the time... I like how we can see the full nutritional info on the apps, I don't understand why it's not on the site... it's super handy!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I started off using the blackberry app, before I started using the site.... I still use the app allllllll the time... I like how we can see the full nutritional info on the apps, I don't understand why it's not on the site... it's super handy!

I also started with the blackberry app before switching to the iPhone. I didn't like the blackberry app either, but I definitely agress on the full nutritional info! Once I found it through the iphone app I love it. I agree it should be on the site as well.

One other think I don't like is being able to see if an item in the database has been "confirmed" by multiple users. I trust the search results are listed by number of confirmations? Most of the time I am entering from home using the website, but I'm reluctant to log stuff I cant confirm and there are no confirmations.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use Daily Arm Workout, Daily Butt Workout, and Sit Up Challenge.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I use MFP (of course!),
    C25K (to get me started running, don't need it now),
    Runkeeper (I've tried a few others but I like this one because of the live pace feedback),
    TrackWeight (for a better weight loss graph than MFP),
    Half Coach by Running Method (for half marathon training),
    Daily Tracker (if I want to obsess about tracking stuff that MFP doesn't),
    Workout Trainer by Skimble (I haven't used this one for a while, but I should get back to it - some nice little free workouts to do in the garage if it's raining),
    Split Times (to dream about how fast I'm not going to run a half marathon),
    Convert Units (to deal with you pesky americans who work in pounds and ounces)
    and.... well a bunch of others, but that's enough for now!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I use MFP on my iPhone and use Nike+ app to track my runs :smile: Using MFP on my phone is such a habit now, I wouldn't know what to do without it!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I use MFP on my iPhone. But can't wait to look at some of the other apps mentioned on here. Love this!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    MFP, C25K, and Nike Training Camp apps - love my apps!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I love the MFP app for iPhone, but I'm disappointed I can't see my friends' open diaries or message boards.

I've worked around this by opening MFP in Safari, then sending the site to my Homepage. It creates a little icon in my iPhone.

Normally, I just use the MFP app, but if I want to go into the forums or do something else that's not available on the app, I just hit my little icon and it opens up the full site. It can be slow, though, depending on what you are trying to do.

C25k
    MapMyRun
    GymGoal guides and records my strength training workouts (it's great)!!!