Hello from Central PA

Options
35 year old Gay RN who has seen far too many bad outcomes from obesity where I work to be willing to put up with my weight issues any longer.

I've been bouncing between 300-315 for the past few years, but am trying once again to make a real, dedicated commitment to dropping about 100 pounds before I finish up my BSN (probably 3 or 4 years away).

I do a lot of cooking, am trying to walk my dog more, and would like to get into good enough shape that I can bike to work (only 4 miles away, but LOTS of hills).

For now I'm working with just increasing my activity and basic calorie reduction - actually measuring out servings and that sort of thing to remind myself what a portion really is. Can already feel some difference (I don't leave the dinner table feeling completely stuffed any more).

Could always use support/suggestions/motivation.

Eric

Replies

• Zyhon
    Zyhon Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome here!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    congrats on your decision to change your life! Welcome to MFP!! I'll send you a friend request!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hello from Eastern PA!
    Sounds like you're off to a great start!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    welcome Eric glad u are here . There are alot of wonderful ppl on here and this site has been a excellent tool of support for me with helping me lose weight,feel free to add me if you like:flowerforyou:
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi Eric and welcome to MFP. While not from PA, I'm from southwestern Ontario. If I can offer you any support in your quest to a healthier lifestyle, don't hesitate to call on me.