brazillian wax

Options
about to go on vacation.... and i'm tempted but terrified.... how bad is it really?????

Replies

• catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Do it. It does hurt like a mother f'er but SO worth it. You won't be disappointed.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    mine was brutal. absolutely brutal. stupid brazil. :(
  • mschf3
    mschf3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Take ibuprofen about an hour before you go. Totally worth it.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Doesnt really hurt that much...
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Do it. Once you go brazilian though you never go back.
  • AmyS79
    Options
    I have had them and when I was in the beauty feild I gave them. Its all in your pain tolence and how good the person does it.. A clean fast pull makes it less painful.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Question is, do eyebrow waxes hurt you? I find the eyebrows much worse. However, it will be less painful if you trim things to around 1/4" (check with your technician on their requirements), less pulling/re-pulling if you do this. One recommendation for any waxing is to use cortisone cream afterwards for the irritation/swelling.

IMHO, do it your SO will LOVE IT!!!!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    mine was brutal. absolutely brutal. stupid brazil. :(

ugh, mine too.

on a serious note, is there a European Wax Center by you?? Supposedly the best. they're mostly on the east coast.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hurts like HELL !! but well worth it :)
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Make your OB appt. right before you go and ask for lidocaine cream. Works like a charm.

Don't ask. LOL
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    they hurt, would be weird if they didn't :) but well worth it! And the first one hurts the worst, after that it is much easier.
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do this as a side job. Piece of advise: Make sure you drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and the pull will not traumatize your skin very much. Take pain meds about 30minutes before your session. It would also help if you have it done after your period. When it's about the time that your period is approaching, your pores tend to open up and your sensitivity is heightened.

Hope this helps!

And it is worth it! I get through headaches - because I do mine, myself! But it's so worth it.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    God love ya, girl!!! I am a hairdresser and thought once...hey....I can do this!!! So, there i was in a freekin sweat, doing the 1-2-3 thing, used this oil that is supposed to numb it a little and all it did was make my fingers slip off the wax (used cold wax...shrink wraps around hair, no strips) right when it was about ready to come off. Oh. And I was ticked at hubby so there was no way in hell I was asking for his help!! I say waxing nether reigions is like sheet rocking/muddin......some things you are just better off paying someone to do it!! Oh....and I did get it all off.....eventually. NEVER AGAIN at home!!! LOL
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    SO worth it!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    And it is worth it! I get through headaches - because I do mine, myself! But it's so worth it.

You do your own??? Holy Moses.
  • evolmeka
    Options
    My first time was about 6 months ago. It was worst than what I imagined! But 6 months later I am still getting them! I loved the results and will continue to get them. Truthfully, It does hurt, but the pain goes away almost instantly and it is soooooo worth it!!! Try to get a tech that doesn't rush.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Once you got to South America you will never look back...:o)
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    go for it, lady! yes, the first time you get it done, it friggin hurts like a mofo. but the pain fades fast! and you will never ever settle for shaving or whatever again. so worth the money :D
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Make your OB appt. right before you go and ask for lidocaine cream. Works like a charm.

Don't ask. LOL
    I'm asking!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I do this as a side job. Piece of advise: Make sure you drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and the pull will not traumatize your skin very much. Take pain meds about 30minutes before your session. It would also help if you have it done after your period. When it's about the time that your period is approaching, your pores tend to open up and your sensitivity is heightened.

Hope this helps!

I salute you! You are one BAMF! ... or crazy as ****!