Turbo Jammers 1/5-1/11

Options
It's time to party...come on and move your body!

Welcome welcome one and all.

I thought I wasn't going to do Turbo this week cuz I was starting the 30 day shred but after doing it this morning I decided I can still throw in the 20 minute workout. Let me tell you. After doing TJ for months now going to another workout dvd is hard. The 30 day was hard to follow because Jillian doesn't tell you how many she is going to do and it doesn't follow the beat of the music and its up down to the floor up down up down. I'm not throwing out the 30 day shred because I can feel different muscles today and my muscles need a little more work! But this is just proof that TJ is the funniest workout out there :love:

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    It's time to party...come on and move your body!

Welcome welcome one and all.

I thought I wasn't going to do Turbo this week cuz I was starting the 30 day shred but after doing it this morning I decided I can still throw in the 20 minute workout. Let me tell you. After doing TJ for months now going to another workout dvd is hard. The 30 day was hard to follow because Jillian doesn't tell you how many she is going to do and it doesn't follow the beat of the music and its up down to the floor up down up down. I'm not throwing out the 30 day shred because I can feel different muscles today and my muscles need a little more work! But this is just proof that TJ is the funniest workout out there :love:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many I've gotten rid of b/c I didn't like them as much as TJ. LOL

Just got done PK&J. Going to see how much TS I can get in before I get interrupted from the end of nap time.

Hey, Lyn! LOVE the new pic! Such a cutie family! :love:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have ordered mine today off Jessmonof3 and I cannot wait to join you!!

By the way thanks drevans_mom for pointing me in the right direction I am really looking forward to getting this weight down!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I'm so excited for you deedun. I'm glad that you will finally be getting the dvds. can't wait to hear your review on them.

Sara thanks for the pic compliment.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    The answer to my "as much as I can" question was "as long as it took to switch the dvds"...but I still managed to get Z to entertain himself for 15 min. before everyone else woke up. 65 min. total...not to shabby. Plus, I still have 20 min. to look forward tonight w/ the hubby!

YAY deedun! I'm looking forward to you posting over here more often!
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Joining in on your group hope you don't mind? I did cardio party 1 tonite and burned 286 cals. I am alternating TJ with 30 Day Shred. I have been doing Cathe for over a year just wanted to do something different this month.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Monday I did the TJ 20 minute workout.
    This morning I did Cardio Party Remix and Lower Body Jam.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Welcome to both of you!

I'm off to do as much as I can while the kiddos are out...hopefully for awhile. :grumble:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Welcome Roxie and Spiral!!

I did the 20minute again today with the 30 day shred...plus I shoveled snow. All in all I burned over 700 calories. My legs are hurtin today...cant even sit on the toilet without hurtin :laugh:

Sara best of luck to you getting your work out done. I got TJ in and was going to do the shred and daughter woke up CRANKY, so I had to delay for about an hour but I got it in :happy:
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    New to turbo jam.....and I LOVE it :).......I used the turbo scultping on sunday and the fat blaster on tuesday (couldn't do the whole thing through, I had to stop a few times and walk it out) but it was so much fun...can't wait to try cardio party 1 next......I am a TJ convert :).....so far this week I have lost 3 pounds.....only 70lbs to go :)........
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Eh. I only got 20 min. of PK&J in. I'm done for the day. Hopefully I'll get more in tomorrow.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Welcome greeneyes. I'm so glad that you like the workouts. I've been doing them for 4 months and have lost almost 30 lbs. You can do it, just stick to it!

Sara only 20 minutes??? That is not like you, usually you get in 3 workouts you crazy Jam Junkie!!! (oh and your an overachiever :wink: )

See you all tomorrow!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lyn - yesterday seriously sucked & I did those 20 min. while Tabitha sat on the floor & screamed at me. I was surviving that (she's teething & just wants cuddled) but then my dh called & the phone woke up the boys who immediately started screaming "I POOPED!" so that was the end of that dream. BAH! I had plans to do 2 yesterday, but that phone call from dh was "I'm gonna be late" so I didn't have backup until nearly the kids' bedtime so I wasn't able to. *sigh* Sorry. Need to get that out, I guess. LOL Today I'm going to try to sneek in 2 during naptime but we'll see. I have friends coming over tonight & need to clean. Did you buy the new TJ's yet?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Sara I haven't bought the new ones yet. I looked on craigs list and there's a lady that has all the ones I want plus some that I have (never a bad idea to have a spare right?) I emailed her about them but I haven't gotten a response yet. If I don't hear from her by the end of the week I will be ordering thru Amazon.

Going to try to get my work out in. DD is teething and has a cold so she's been a real joy for the last few days. The first one has cut thru and I wonder if the second one is on its way cuz she's getting more cranky. I think she's had enuf of things being in her facial oricifes* I'm always sticking my finger in her mouth to feel her teeth and sticking the bulb syringe in her nose to suck boogers. It's a good thing they don't remember these days or my children would hate me for life :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Did 20 minute and then Shred. Must do push ups today as well. Dvd player survived until the last 3 minutes of Shred and then it started freaking out. Hubby said we can buy a new one YEAH!!!
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome greeneyes. I'm so glad that you like the workouts. I've been doing them for 4 months and have lost almost 30 lbs. You can do it, just stick to it!

Hi drevans_mom,
    what turbo jam dvd's are you using to lose that 30lbs??? that is sooo great, those are the stories that inspire me to keep going.

31329.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    greeneyes-I've been doing Cardio Party 1 and 2 and just rotating them. I get in Ab Jam, Lower body, and Turbo sculpt when I can (which isn't very often). I workout 5-6 times a week. I think my eating habits have a lot to do with the weight as well. I'm drinking water (a year ago I didn't know what water was hehehe). I try to get in 100 oz a day and I drink 16 oz of green tea every morning. I stay in my calories everyday...yes this includes eating my exercise calories...that's why I exercise so I can eat :happy: I did have a month break where I was going thru some emotional things and just couldn't bring myself to exercise or plan meals. When I finally pulled out of my funk I jumped back in full strength and haven't given up. My mini goal is to be down to 182 by the end of the month. So I have 6 lbs to lose this month....not unrealistic. I think that has been a big part of my motivation too...being realistic in my goals. I don't expect more than 2 lbs a week...sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.

We can all have the results we want we just have to put in the time and effort.
  • BellaLane
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!! I purchased Turbo Jam ages ago!! I think that I am going to have to start using it with you all! I will try to wake up early to get some extra cardio in!!!!

Thanks for all the continued support---I love this site!
  • ryandnikki
    Options
    hello new here and to TJ! I just started it on monday. I still do the elite 11 as a warm up cause i dont quite have them down yet. Then I do the learn and burn. Then I do the turbo sculpt. So about an hour workout. I do it every other day for now cause it makes me so sore afterwards and all the day after! I weigh 163lbs and want to be at 135-130. I already feel better about myself even though obviously there arent any appearance changes yet. I am so glad to finally be getting back into shape. What do you ladies put in for your exercise when you have to log what exercise you did that day? Obviously turbo jam is not on there and Im not sure how to tell it what I did while doing turbo jam. I'd like to get a better idea of how many calories I'm burning.
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this. I LOVE Turbo Jam and think I have all of them. I'd love to join ya'll. I actually did the kick, punch and jam last night. For tonight, I dusted off an oldie but goodie - Gilad's 45/45 split routine. (Not as fun though) I't nice to find a group of Turbo Jammers! :smile: