Who needs Weights?

Options
I havent been to the gym in over a year and last year I found a workout from Marine Corps Times for MARSOC training to get in shape. I used it before I went to BootCamp and boy does it hurt and its intense. I just started it up again and I noticed how weak I became and now hopefully in a few weeks of doing it I will be back to what I was after I got out of Bootcamp. Here is what I do every other day

warmup- walk 400 meters and then stretch.

Run 2-3 miles at an easy pace.

1. 30 Push-ups
2. 30 Air squats
3. 30 Crunches
4. 10 Burpees
5. 10 Windmills
6. 30 Push-ups
7. 30 Mountain climbers
8. 30 Flutter kicks
9. 10 Burpees
10. 10 Cherry pickers (4-count)
11. 30 Push-ups
12. 30 Star jumpers (or jumping jacks)
13. 30 Back Extensions ("supermans")
14. 10 Burpees
15. 10 Chain breakers
16. 30 Push-ups
17. 30 Lunges
18. 30 Hello dollies
19. 10 Burpees
20. 10 Trunk twists
21. 3 Max sets of dead-hang pull-ups or flexed-arm hangs

Its best to do it with little or no rest which I try but today was the first time I did it and I got up to number 10 before I gave myself a rest for a few minutes. When Im done I hurt, Sweat and my heart rate is skyrocket. Great way to workout with out a gym or weights.

Replies

• susanloveszumba
    Options
    well you are in good shape! i wouldn't make it past the run:)
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    Thank you! The run is hard but I jog it at a easy pace and try not to over do it before the workout. In two weeks of doing it last year I like 3 lbs and about 1.2% bodyfat. Its rough but gets in better shape and its good for cardio to :)
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I will be starting a new workout routine soon, and it will all be at home, using nothing but my own bodyweight, a yoga mat and a pull-up bar. It's great to see that someone else (outside of a chiseled professional on TV) has had success with this :)
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    These sound interesting, I'm always looking for ways to workout with out using weights. I only have some light weights, the heavy ones are much too expensive. I'll have to look up half these excersises though, since I've never heard of them.