7lb gain in 4 day ready to give up now :(

Options
2»

Replies

• s18022
    s18022 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its almost certainly just water, but one tip to prevent getting worried is too not weigh yourself everyday just once a week, this tends to help you not see the day to day fluctuations and instead just see the loss. Good luck and dont give up
  • srandle175
    Options
    Wow! I did that water calculator thing. I'm really slacking in the water department. I will give it a try and hope I don't pee on myself ;)
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For someone my size 7 lbs is nothing I can easily shift 3 to 4 lbs within a day what really matters is what direction your weight moves in the long run. I'm not belittling your concern just trying to offer some perspective.

If you aren't comfortable with fluctuations then you might be better off weighing yourself less frequently.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a odd situation if your dr and trainer apprved the diet. See if they have any info on why this is happening to you, maybe you ca find some answers
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If I drank half my weight in water my eyeballs would be floating. Can you please let me know where you got this info?

it's not literally half your weight in water... It's half your weight in oz of water. Like she said, if you weigh 200 lbs, you should drink 100 oz of water (12.5 cups). Although there are other factors that would affect how much water you need. You daily intake may vary depending on how much exercise you have and you may need more depending on the altitude of where you live or the weather.

Try this: http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm <---input your values based on today.

I weigh about 175lbs and today I should drink 102.5 oz of water! Go figure. :)