Newbie Here! AH!

Options
So I have just started and I'm a little discouraged because the task seems so daunting! How do you lose something that took you 4 years to gain! Sigh. Well, I can do it! It's quitting soda that's going to be the hardest!

Replies

• kchrzan
    Options
    So I have just started and I'm a little discouraged because the task seems so daunting! How do you lose something that took you 4 years to gain! Sigh. Well, I can do it! It's quitting soda that's going to be the hardest!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    You definitely CAN do it!:flowerforyou: Glad to have you here...yea giving up the pop will drop some seroius lbs. No it's not easy but anything worth having isn't ...isn't that how the saying goes?:laugh:
  • kchrzan
    Options
    Amazing, thank you, it's wonderful to see someone that it has worked for! 198 lbs! Amazing!
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I second that, you are an inspiration to all of us.. and the reason we are so glad to be here.

Thank you :smile:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Funny I was just thinking about this. But the truth is, it takes so little time to lose what takes years to put on. It took me since age 33 til now, at age 56 to store up this fat. If I succeed(when I succeed)it will only take a matter of months, not years. It gets easier. Once you start "feeling" so much better for eating right and drinking water instead of a pop when your thirsty, you will never want to go back:) You can still have those things you love, just in moderation. I pay attention to my food diary and if I want say, a piece of pie, whatever, I make sure I store up some calories so I can do that. I really don't want those things so much anymore though. Now pizza is another think, LOL!! But same deal. I just cut back on calories earllier, so I can splurge and have my pizza:tongue::wink: Once you see how it works, you will love it. It's not like some "idiot" diet the boob tube tries to push on us, like "I HAVE A SLIMFAST FOR BREAKFAST AND A SLIMFAST FOR LUNCH, THEN, I HAVE A SENSIBLE DINNER". Gads, I'd be so hungry by dinner, I'd eat the plate too:mad: :explode: You learn how to have sensible food all through the day. I eat 8 times rather than even 5 or 6 some days! Some days, I can't eat all the calories I'v earned through exercise. I didn't even exercise in the first week here. But once I had my cupboards and fridge full of decent foods, and used to meal planning, I took up walking.

Glad you are here!! denise in Oregon:happy:

• ginaoakes
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal !

You CAN accomplish anything with some determination. You have to take this one day at a time, otherwise it is overwhelming. It took me MUCH longer than 4 years to put on the weight I started my journey with. I have been working at taking the weight off since February 17th of 2008. I am fast approaching my one year mark and have a completely different life to show for it, including running my first 5K race with my grown daughter and cross country skiing with my husband. Both things I would not have ever dreamed about prior to loosing weight.

Good luck with the beginning of your own journey of getting healthy in 2009 !