Anyone doing the Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12-week Trainer?

Options
2»

Replies

• siabevis
    Options
    I am!
  • JJMS
    JJMS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Phase 1, Day 8! :)
  • Paigesmom5
    Paigesmom5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this - I just started Day 1 today. Struggling with trying to find more interesting recipes for lunch/dinner.
    Her protein bars and chicken muffin are really good so I'm okay with the mid-morn and mid-aft part.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I want to lurk here too for anyone who is doing this, let me know some tips, especially for the meal plan, those who follow it. Do you really have 10 egg whites every day? Any recipes that follow the plan?
  • Paigesmom5
    Options
    I went through the recipes within my Looneyspoon, Eat Shrink and Be Merry, and the other from that cookbook series and there are quite a few that fall within the approved ingredients list. I'm making the Better Butter Chicken recipe tonight with yogurt instead of sour cream. All other ingredients are approved. Will likely skip or use rice milk in lieu of the 5% cream.

I am HATING the egg whites portion. I hear you can alternate a bit and do a protein shake instead.
    Someone also told me to mix your egg whites with your oatmeal and cook it like a pancake. Add some cinnamon and such.

I really went through a nutritional detox the other night and yesterday. I had a horrible restless sleep and then gastro issues. Today I am fine.
  • ilovemarz
    Options
    I'm on day 11. I been following the workouts and resting. But am I doing something wrong? I finish working out in less than 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Not including warmup and cooldown. Help Do I need to repeat all the exercises again? I am lifting weights that are heavy enough to complete the total reps [12-15].
  • Paigesmom5
    Options
    once you get into week 3 she adds exercises so takes longer. In phas 2 you'll be adding cardio so even more time at the gym.
    Don't worry about the first two weeks, that's just the start!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I was actually wanting to do her plan but I can't get to the gym... I saw where seh had at home workouts but only 2. Has anyone done these. I may just have to do those both and hten a lifting workout video another day. any suggestions.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Not on this plan, though I do think its a good one. I have it bookmarked for use at a later date. But currently I am doing a P90X/Rushfit cycle with heavy weights.

Just wanted to chime in, and say "Yay" to all of you. You guys can do this - just keep going. And yes - heavy weights really does make a big difference. I am small, 5'2" - and workout at home with assorted dumbbells, and certainly have seen my biggest body changes when I :

-Lift heavy, to exhaustion, lower reps
    -eat enough protein (1 gram per lbs of lean body mass)
    -make sure I don't get short on my calories, though I do make good food choices. I am not a 100% clean eater, and have a free day once a week, as that suits me better. But I still loose steadily, and strength and muscle changes are improving every week.

But just wanted to give you girls some support, and let the new ones know - please do not fear pushing yourself, and trying the heavier weights. I can confirm - you are not going to get bulky, as long as you loose the fat covering the muscle. That can take some time, but as it comes off, you will see the sexy tight muscle underneath, and its so worth it. Just stick with it!!!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Not on this plan, though I do think its a good one. I have it bookmarked for use at a later date. But currently I am doing a P90X/Rushfit cycle with heavy weights.

Just wanted to chime in, and say "Yay" to all of you. You guys can do this - just keep going. And yes - heavy weights really does make a big difference. I am small, 5'2" - and workout at home with assorted dumbbells, and certainly have seen my biggest body changes when I :

-Lift heavy, to exhaustion, lower reps
    -eat enough protein (1 gram per lbs of lean body mass)
    -make sure I don't get short on my calories, though I do make good food choices. I am not a 100% clean eater, and have a free day once a week, as that suits me better. But I still loose steadily, and strength and muscle changes are improving every week.

But just wanted to give you girls some support, and let the new ones know - please do not fear pushing yourself, and trying the heavier weights. I can confirm - you are not going to get bulky, as long as you loose the fat covering the muscle. That can take some time, but as it comes off, you will see the sexy tight muscle underneath, and its so worth it. Just stick with it!!!

Hi I had a question about the p90x... I can't really do plyometrics becasue of my foot I have had torn tissue and it's still not right but I don't think it will ever be. Can you just order the video seperate? I really don't want the cardio part just the lifting? I can do the elliptical as my cardio but that's it right now.
  • SWILLIAMS88
    Options
    Just started, on Phase One Day 3 and I'm pretty sore today but I'm super excited to see how this works. I've been running lately working up to a 5K so I'm kinda disappointed about the cardio thing but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I can always add the running in when she says to do cardio. And I'm only using 8-10 lb weights, everyone is different! Good luck all!
  • SWILLIAMS88
    Options
    I've noticed my work-outs seem really short too and it made me wonder also. But if you are doing all the excercises and 3 sets of 12 we must be doing it right?? I'm just going to stick with it, she might be starting us really slowly and maybe soon it will take us longer to finish the workouts.
  • SWILLIAMS88
    Options
    I'm on day 11. I been following the workouts and resting. But am I doing something wrong? I finish working out in less than 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Not including warmup and cooldown. Help Do I need to repeat all the exercises again? I am lifting weights that are heavy enough to complete the total reps [12-15].

I've noticed my work-outs seem really short too and it made me wonder also. But if you are doing all the excercises and 3 sets of 12 we must be doing it right?? I'm just going to stick with it, she might be starting us really slowly and maybe soon it will take us longer to finish the workouts.
  • Xomizzjesskaox
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I've done TONS of research on many different programs including Jillian michaels. I was seriously considering jillians plan but the fact that you are limited on the amount of coffee didn't appeal to me. Also, it didn't seem organized or structured. Sure there are a lot of workouts she has and a lot of different recipes but I wouldn't know where to begin. I stumbled upon Jamie easons plan trough looking at blogs of people who have lost weight and how they did it.

I studied jamies routine - exercises and diet - for about four hours. I was so compelled how much knowledge she has and how her program has so much structure. She explains things so clearly that I understand and believe in her plan.

Those of you who are questioning the cardio - please watch her videos on why she has you do no cardio in the beginning. Muscle burns more calories than fat does. By building muscle in the beginning, you are preparing your body to burn the maximum calories so you shed fat and reveal teiscle you've built. If you do cardio you are using your muscle building energy and your body will not build the muscle intended in this program. Please stick to her plan with no cardio in the beginning. She emphasizes being honest an dedicate tothe program. If you don't see results, it's because you were not following it to a t.

For those of you questioning diet - it's just as important as the exercise regimen. Again, watch her video on this. I encourage you to take all of the supplements she recommends too especially the flax seed oil. This aids in regular digestion and bowel movemts as well as weightloss. Drink plenty of water too! Her diet is set up in a way that will achieve optimum results if paired with her routine. Find the strength and the mind power to follow this to a t! I know it will be hard but the results are worth it!

There are so many ways to make up small meals out of the approves ingredient list. You can have UNLIMITED veggies!! Steam a bunch of them together and bake some seasoned chicken. Cube chicken and mix in with veggies and season with any of the approved spices. This is good for lunch or dinner. You can make foil packets of white fishband veggies with a small side of brown rice or quinoa. Really the possibilities are endless you just have to be creative and remember portion control.

Drink water before a meal and after a meal, too. It will help you feel fuller longer.

Hope this helps some of you! Good luck!!

Jessica
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am excited to start this program November 27. I am just throwing it out there in case anyone sees this as a topic and wants to join me. I really want to stick to the plan as closely as possible but I know it will be hard, not just the holidays but misc. holiday parties and get togethers. Drinking will be the hardest thing for me to give up, I think I am going to limit to one night per week.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ^^
    I'm currently on Phase 7 of New rules of lifting for Women and I plan on starting Jamie's program right after!! Should be around the end of november/beginning of december so maybe we'll start at approximately the same time!!

I can't wait! I just wish I could start it tonight, but I really want to complete NROLW first :)