Over 60 and wrinkles?

Options
homeport51
homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
This is for you over 60 folks. When I started this, people used to tell me I didn't look my age. I would reply, "It's the fat, it fills out the wrinkles.. " Now I am finding that is true to some extent. I have started really trying to moisturize and care more for my skin, but has anyone else experienced this? What are you doing for the new wrinkles that are popping up?

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    bump
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just enjoy them and know I've earned every one of them! And drink lots of water!
  • mtc1971
    Options
    i guess I'm not with it, what does bump mean?
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good question mtc. I keep seeing 'bump' as well and wonder what it means.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    "bump" is a way to keep the thread going.

Yes, I have found that wrinkles show more as I lose the weight. When I turned 60 I went out and bought Oil of Olay. Spent almost $100.00 on it. I have since found another brand which seems to work better. I can't spell it, though.:bigsmile: I will check when I get home and let you know what I am using. Also, since turning 60 I have not gone to bed even one night without washing my face and using products.
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    Well, I'm not 60 yet, but I'm headed there faster than I wanna be!! Same here, though... I've been told I don't look my age and even asked outright, "How can you not have any wrinkles?" My response is pretty similar... "Fat people don't wrinkle - they're too fluffy!" but seriously, even though think the fat does help in that regard, I also think it helps that I was never a huge "sun worshipper." I *wanted* to tan, but since I usually just burn, peel & freckle, I gave up on that pretty early on. I was a smoker, too, but fortunately I quit at a pretty early age - like 23. Other than that, just luck & genetics, I guess. But I am noticing some lines here and there these days. My daughter got me started on Mary Kay products. I'm not as diligent as she is, but I do try to make sure I use the moisturizer with sunscreen. I've also started being a lot more careful about not going to sleep with make-up on. I wonder why there isn't a lotion with alum in it... ya know, just smooth it on and *shroooop* the skin draws up smooth & tight! LOL! yeah, it should be so easy, right?
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Neutragena Wrinkle Lift System is what I am using at this time.

Our Krogers was getting rid of these so I got it for one half price.
  • playinginthedirt
    playinginthedirt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used Oil of Olay in my 30s, 40s for oily skin. Then, it was apparently discontinued. At least, I couldn't find it. Now, I have used Mary Kay timewise age fighting moisturizer. It seems like it is under $25. It lasts so long, I seldom have to buy it.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Equate Regeneration (off brand knockoff of Olay Regenerist) night cream on the face & neck, cheapest unscented body lotion I can find for the rest of me.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm trying the new Ben and Jerry's 'refill your wrinkles' plan and it seems to be working really well. ;)

While I noticed more wrinkles as I lost the weight(67 now), I was also blessed with inheriting my mom's skin. I always remember her skin as being soft and smooth, even as she got older but I don't remember that she did anything to it. I don't either. And I don't wear make-up or never spent the whole summer in the sun, never smoked, etc. Sometimes the things you don't do help as much as the things you do do.
    And as for any new wrinkles popping up? I'm embracing them as I'm trying to embrace all parts of aging. Except thinning hair. :( That's been one of the most difficult to accept.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,155 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 this year.
    I am noticing the dark spots/sun damage much more now.
    I wish I would have taken better care of my skin when I was younger.
    I drink a lot of water, that helps and lately I moisturize with Neutrogena Bright Boost.
    I am having some luck using Gold Bond Dark Spot Remover on my chest and arms.
    I don’t wear makeup unless I’m doing something out of the ordinary.
    I’ve noticed the more eyeshadow, liner, especially dark which is what I always wore, that I wear now the more I look like an old streetwalker. Lol.
    Light shadow, a little mascara, a little concealer for the raccoon eyes and some blush and I’m done.
    It seems like the more I mess with my skin with masks or toners, etc., the more my skin tends to break out a bit and look ruddy.

I miss not having a tan, I look so much better with one, but I already see the damage done. 😔
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm wrinkle free.

I just wash my face three times a day with this:

51NkxYj8xyL._AC_SY355_.jpg

It's difficult to have wrinkles when most of one's skin has been forcibly removed.....

glzwytozwzl7.gif
    😬
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Ladies,
    Age Perfect Blurring Face Primer, L’OREAL
    it is great! 😀
    I use the Rose, can be worn alone or under foundation.
    It really does kind of blur my wrinkles, especially those crappy vertical lip lines I gave myself smoking for too darn long.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I use Olay products. Eye cream and Regenerist creams daily. My skin is dry, so I have to moisturize everyday. Right now I have very few wrinkles with the exception of my forehead. But I'm never pegged for 57.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Yes, I am and I do
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I know this is old (like a decade old), but I guess I'm just screwed then.. because I'm fat.. and have wrinkles.. and have since I was 14.

Pretty sure it's genetics and being a lifelong pessimist.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I use Olay products. Eye cream and Regenerist creams daily. My skin is dry, so I have to moisturize everyday. Right now I have very few wrinkles with the exception of my forehead. But I'm never pegged for 57.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

My forehead wrinkles are the bane of my existence.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Swissmiss wrote: »
    Neutragena Wrinkle Lift System is what I am using at this time.

Our Krogers was getting rid of these so I got it for one half price.

I did the same thing when my Kroger discontinued it!

I've been using it for about a month, and I do see some small differences, but I can't say I'd pay full price for it. Yet. We'll see in another month or two.