New To This

Hi,

I started my Fitness journey on tuesday August 30th and I have lost just over 6 lbs (I recorded my initial weight wrong - totally underestimated it). I have cut my calorie intake by a lot and I am focussing my energy on only eating when I need to rather than when I just want to.

I must say though, how often do people usually weigh themselves??? A better question may be, when is the best time to weigh yourself?

Good luck everyone on their weight loss journey!

:happy:

Replies

• SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Hi,

I started my Fitness journey on tuesday August 30th and I have lost just over 6 lbs (I recorded my initial weight wrong - totally underestimated it). I have cut my calorie intake by a lot and I am focussing my energy on only eating when I need to rather than when I just want to.

I must say though, how often do people usually weigh themselves??? A better question may be, when is the best time to weigh yourself?

Once a week should be sufficient...doing it more than that will drive you crazy due to your body's natural fluctuations.

Popular opinion says the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up in the morning, sans clothing, and after you've...um..."evacuated" (think first Austin Powers movie). With as little as possible INSIDE and nothing on you OUTSIDE, you should have a good idea on where you stand. (on the scale...LOL)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Welcome, and good luck!!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Hi,

Once a week should be sufficient...doing it more than that will drive you crazy due to your body's natural fluctuations.

Popular opinion says the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up in the morning, sans clothing, and after you've...um..."evacuated" (think first Austin Powers movie). With as little as possible INSIDE and nothing on you OUTSIDE, you should have a good idea on where you stand. (on the scale...LOL)

This, lol.

And feel free to add me!