Beards & Mustaches

Options
kristinaohno
kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
Anyone into them? I've always been an avid beard lover but recently it's gotten worse. The boyfriend and I love watching Whisker Wars on IFC and in January they will be holding one of the national competitions at my favorite hang out spot. I wanna know if anyone on MFP has a wicked sweet beard or mustache! Let's see 'em!

I'm in the process of getting my boyfriend to grow his long, but it has to be after my sisters wedding at the end of the month. I will be his beard manager and personal trimmer. As lame as this sounds, I'm all about this! It's a weird but awesome hobby!

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    BEARD!! All beards all the time. Some guys can pull off clean shaven but I'm not all that into it. I've always been a beard lover.

Whisker Wars is awesome! Unfortunately for me, my husband's beard isn't all that amazing. Sigh.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I can't dig the facial hair deal. That being said, that show sounds hilarious, might need to watch ut sometime! :)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    my dad has an awesome beard...we keep trying to get him to grow it out so he can be a real beard santa, its so silly that he wears a fake beard when his is only a couple inches away from exceptable santa lenth...
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Ive been politely told by my girldriend of 4 years that I can grow a beard, mustache, goate, etc at any time, I just need to realize shew wont be kissing me anymore because it tickles her face to much
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I like mine. Probably not going to be influenced by the outcome of this discussion either way.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    True story:

My wife had never known me without a mustache in the 12 years we've been together. Earlier this year, after having fallen off the fitness wagon (I had previously lost 90lbs and she, 65lbs) and regaining over 20lbs each, I dropped an ultimatum that I would shave my mustache and not grow it back until we EACH lost 20lbs.

Funny thing is, each time I threatened to follow through with the ultimatum, I would balk at the mirror, as I prefer how I look with the 'stache also.

Needless to say, the threats lost their scare value over time, as each time I wouldn't carry through with it... until about 4 months ago...

With a deep breath, razor in hand, face all shaving creamed, I said "What the hell", and took one fateful stroke. My wife, not being able to see the angle from where she was at, was all, "yeah right *yawn*".

When she saw I had really done it, she actually cried a little. She touched my face and said she didn't recognize the face she saw.

4 months later, and we have both lost the 20lbs, and I started growing the 'stache back last week. We intend to keep going, another 5lbs each or so and we'll both be back to where we were in 2009, a combined 155lbs lost between the 2 of us.

... She's glad I shaved it, to get us back in gear. :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Anyone who knows me will tell you- A bearded man makes me weak in the knees. :tongue:
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I love the beards. Love them. Slap some glasses and a beard on a guy and I'm usually happy. Throw in some tattoos and I'm a grinning loon.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    In all the years we've been together, I have literally NEVER seen my husband without a full face of scruff. He doesn't grow it "out" or long or anything, but it's always there. I've tried pulling the old "Shave your face and you can have this!" not because I don't love it, but because I'm simply curious! Maybe one of these days :) But all in all, beard all the way!
  • obstacleone
    Options
    My beard isn't totally awesome only somewhat awesome. But you can see it in my profile picture. I'm one of those guys that without facial hair I look 10 years younger at least. My exwife used to tell me that she hated it when I shaved because it made her feel like she was married to a 15 year old.

Side note: rosalindphyllis you can clearly see I have glasses and yeah I got a couple of tattoos.. 6 in total.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I'm in week two of my beard and it looks like shi...t but I don't care. I'm doing it anyways
  • toddgaines
    Options
    Am I allowed to vote? Beards sorta rule .. a lot.. just sayin
  • firefightinflip
    Options
    I like my clams without!!!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I like my clams without!!!

I C WUT U DID THAR
  • rissuhbissuh
    Options
    I am a full blown facial hair enthusiast! I am so in love with beards that it is unreal. Haha...people send me things related to beards and mustaches all the time because "they know how much I love them and it made me think of you instantly". Gotta love it :3
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I love the beards. Love them. Slap some glasses and a beard on a guy and I'm usually happy. Throw in some tattoos and I'm a grinning loon.

6139884091_87d431f7fa.jpg
    IMAG0054 by blmarvin, on Flickr
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No. I love a nice, clean shave on my man.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Either way as long as it works with his face. Not a fan of anything super bushy or long. Keep it cleaned up around your lips and cheeks. I like those parts and dont want obstructed access :bigsmile:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I got to say, I don't really care for any facial hair on a girl. just saying.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Mine is just regular... not too much fun!