First Day. Just saying hello.

Options
Today is my beginning. I've used myfitnesspal as a tracking app off and on for the last year and really like how easy it is to use, but I need more motivation. Today I'm starting my quest for 30 lost pounds. Instead of just relying on my own initiative, I hope to use these community forums and the other tabs to boost my resolve and stay on plan. I've never logged on here before.. it will be fun and interesting to learn from others. (I have one local friend that is starting with me... support helps!... ha ha together we can!)

I am 52 years old and have been 25 or more pounds overweight for the last 10 years. I weigh 204 pounds and just started having to buy size 18 pants.... no no no. Something's gotta go. :) Today is the beginning.

Replies

• maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a great source for finding inspiration, advice and new friend. Good luck on your journey :)
  • monica208
    Options
    welcome... good luck on your journey... feel free to add me
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a new chapter in your life :)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also !
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You'll find plenty of support here. I'm new myself, but already have friends and support aplenty. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • edejesus2011
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good luck. My goal is to get back to my high school weight. To do that, it means going from 274 currently down to 180 or so. so far when I started I was 282. 9 pounds in the first week may seem a lot but most of it is water and some fat loss.

My fitness pal helps me greatly keeping track of the food and exercise. The workouts may look extreme but given in my youth i played soccer, you can imagine how many miles on the soccer field I would do each time.

good luck on things, and remember not alone on the task.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    welcome to MFP!!! i'm here for support when you need it. LETS GET IT!!!!
  • sandislim
    Options
    neeeewbieeee (((hugs))) - you will feel so welcome here, its fantastic - I can't recommend it enough!
  • farmerred
    Options
    welcome - good luck on your journey - feel free to add me : )
  • nortiekeeks
    nortiekeeks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    WELCOME and GOOD LUCK on your journey!!!!!

I just got back on track last week myself... Though I have a wee more to lose than you, haha... It's hard; nothing worth having is easily attainable as they say, but we can, and more importanly, we WILL, do it!!!!! :D