Halloween Hot Tamales (former Hot for Halloween) Week 1 weig

Options
Hi Everyone,

Today is weigh-in day. I'm looking forward to seeing our progress!

I am 235.8, down 1 pound. I've been working out regularly and really feel bad if I skip a day. I workout 4-6 days/week with a trainer (2x/wk) and various workout DVDs and C25K. I was doing P90X but after doing each video twice, got bored and took a break. I found THE BEST workout DVD. I am in love with a Jackie Warner Personal Training Circuit DVD which has a 15 minute Total Body Workout. I do that in addition to 20-30 min. of cardio....I can't say enough good things about that short but effective workout.

I'm hoping to have a great week, keeping up the workouts and calorie counting. I'm eating my exercise calories because I might get homicidal if I don't.

Replies

• walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    List of participants:

walkdmc
    ChrystenMB
    danniibella
    Suedavis15
    sirabe
    sock_17
    Brooke1585
    Sandykw1
    mamamia05
    cerillewellyn
    hotmamasoon
    ReeseW
    emchen
    janetsmith1963
    TressaBarron
    TheBraveryLover
    DashaDahling
    Futurehockeymom
    cldorris
    Smartipants
    lizzie_poo702
    SereneWinter
    A Sturtevant79
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Down 1 lb this week!! It's not much but I'm pretty excited considering my weekends are usually so bad. I really need to focus on doing better during the weekends!
    ~ Jamie
  • CerRooster
    CerRooster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2 pounds since last week, we have had a lot of rain (everyday) so I have been in the gym on the treadmill instead of outside. I guess this is the jolt I needed! :bigsmile: I do my kettle bell workout this afternoon, the flappy arm skin is starting to bug me!
  • ReeseW
    ReeseW Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 2#'s But, because of my previous gain before the challenge I'm only down 1#.
    I'm using "The Firm" videos and every other day I use my elliptical.
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    1.8lbs down today! Wooo

Doing 3 runs a week. Walking everyday. PT 24/7 5 to 6 times a week and yoga twice a week. Recently started tracking my sodium and now am working on increasing my water intake!!! I don't want any weight hanging around due to sodium :(
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    6 lbs down today! Since last weigh in 2 weeks ago. I am doing a fitness bootcamp 5-6 days a week, for an hour. It's a combination of cardio, plyometrics and some light hand weight exercises. Also down 2 inches on my waist and hips and 3 inches on my chest! =)
  • walkdmc
    Options
    Just bumping for anyone who may have missed us this week. Anyone....anyone...Bueller....
  • walkdmc
    Options
    6 lbs down today! Since last weigh in 2 weeks ago. I am doing a fitness bootcamp 5-6 days a week, for an hour. It's a combination of cardio, plyometrics and some light hand weight exercises. Also down 2 inches on my waist and hips and 3 inches on my chest! =)

WOWZA!!!! You must feel fantastic!
  • SereneWinter
    SereneWinter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay I found the post! I couldn't find it before (newb! haha) I am down 3.8 from our first weigh in last Monday!! Very happy to see such a drop for myself. I'm drinking lots of water and this weekend I picked up The Biggest Loser for our Kinect System. Its reg $50 but I found it brand new at Big Lots for only $18. That was so exciting to me I had to share!! LOL

Excited to keep going!!! getsmiley.php?show=3628

Start Weight on MFP 280.2 (Joined 8/8/11)
    Start Weight for this Challange: 264.8
    Week1: Lost 3.8 ~ 261.0
    GW by Halloween: 249.8

10155184.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • walkdmc
    Options
    Yay I found the post! I couldn't find it before (newb! haha) I am down 3.8 from our first weigh in last Monday!! Very happy to see such a drop for myself. I'm drinking lots of water and this weekend I picked up The Biggest Loser for our Kinect System. Its reg $50 but I found it brand new at Big Lots for only $18. That was so exciting to me I had to share!! LOL

Excited to keep going!!! getsmiley.php?show=3628

Start Weight on MFP 280.2 (Joined 8/8/11)
    Start Weight for this Challange: 264.8
    Week1: Lost 3.8 ~ 261.0
    GW by Halloween: 249.8

10155184.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

That's so great! Both your weight loss and the great Big Lots find are exciting!
  • madbeach9
    Options
    Down 0.4 lbs this week. I'll take it since this was not my best week for eating or exercising. Will have better results next weigh in.

Great job everybody!!

9/5/11: 192.0
    9/12/11: 191.6
    10/31 goal: 180.0
  • TressaBarron
    Options

WOWZA!!!! You must feel fantastic!

I'm on cloud 9... ha ha... This is the first time I have actually gotten results consistently, and I'm already at a lower weight than I have been in almost 15 years. I'm happy and loving the bootcamp. =)
  • madbeach9
    Options
    I found THE BEST workout DVD. I am in love with a Jackie Warner Personal Training Circuit DVD which has a 15 minute Total Body Workout. I do that in addition to 20-30 min. of cardio....

I just ordered the DVD. You made it sound so good, how could I resist?
  • walkdmc
    Options
    sandy, let me know what you think! That DVD has several sections so you can do a 15 min. legs, or 15 min. arms, or 15 min. abs or 15 whole body. I love being able to pick a body part to work quickly. She's a really good instructor too, IMO. I hope you like it.

The only thing that annoyed me on that DVD was that for every other stretch/exercise move she'd say, "This is my favorite. I could do this all day." She has like 10 favorites, LOL.
  • madbeach9
    Options
    I will let you know what I think. Thanks for the tip!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Down 2 pounds this week. 226 now. I worked out everyday last week, and unfortunately tonight my right knee hurts really bad. I think it's because I've been doing a lot of lower body exercises pretty much everyday. I hope it's just a normal ache and I can continue my exercising tomorrow. If it still hurts bad, I'll take a day off, but I *really* don't want to. Ugh.

Anyway, plan is 5-6 days (minimum) cardio and 4-6 days strength. But I might need to lower the strength if the pain persists. I eat at least half of my exercise calories.
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! I didn't do so well last week...gained. :noway: So now I'm at 219.5. I've been working out really hard starting yesterday (burned over 1000cals..whoot whoot) so I plan to come next week with some good news...as long as I don't have a bad weekend. LOL. Congrats to those that lost this week!! :smile:

And sorry for the late posting.
  • emchen
    Options
    Lost 1 pound. Down from 148.5 to 146.8.
  • madbeach9
    Options
    I am still going to post on this Halloween Hot Tamales if anyone cares to join me. Just on this same page all the time. Until tomorrow all you Hot Tamales!
  • smartipants
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Here are my numbers:

9/05--247lbs
    9/16--245.8 lbs!! yay!

I'm planning on kicking some tail this week :) Walking with the finace and Zumba! Going to VEGAS for Halloween so I have some extra motivation!!! 13 lbs to go!!! Lets go ladies!!! YOU GOT THIS!!