Halloween challenge sign-up!! (challenge will start 9/19)

Options
Hi there! Halloween is coming up quickly, and I would love to put together a team for a six-week challenge. I recently finished a Labor Day challenge (though the last week didn't work out so well - I just moved to a new apartment and things were crazy!)... so I thought it would be fun to lead a challenge before another holiday.

Here's what we're aiming for:
5% weight loss of your current weight
100 miles of walking/biking/swimming/elliptical/etc.
Weekly weigh-ins/updates

As your leader, I am committed to being here for support, accountability if you want it, and weekly updates (which will be posted to the actual forum! Previously, I had an excel spreadsheet, but I realized that only showed me our team's progress, and everyone should be able to see how we're doing as a team!).

As a team member, I would love to see commitment to the challenge and to updating weekly as to how the week went for you. Who's in?

Finally... we need a team name! any thoughts? :)

~Elana

Replies

• kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Can i be in on this challenge? :)
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    OK I'm in! 5% would be about 10 pounds for me so I think that is doable.
    Today's weight 218.4
    Goal for Halloween is 208
  • arcticdcat
    Options
    I'd like to give it a try. 5% would be about 10 lbs for me and I'd really welcome that kind of loss on the scale right now.

Today's weight: 200
    Halloween: 190
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need accountability so bad, and a challenge would be great. Question though, are weekly updates posted to this thread, or is a new one made each week? If the latter, how do you make sure you don't miss it? I've always intended to participate in challenges in the past but then after the inital post I forget all about it/miss the posts :noway:

Today's weight: 213
    Halloween: 202
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm currently on maternity leave, but I start back to work on Oct 3 :sad: so a challenge sounds perfect to help me stay on track when I have to work out in the early mornings after waking in the middle of the night with my baby instead of using naptime, and returning to a cube area that is constantly filled with candy and baked goods.

My current weight is 179.4 so 5% loss would put my Halloween goal at 170.4.
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    Let me see, Halloween is about 6 weeks away, which is the halfway point for my program, so I should be at about 12.5 pounds down for 5%.

Absolutely, please count me in, please.
  • angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this also, but have never done anything like it.
  • Dapete
    Dapete Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in! :smile:
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 5% of my current would be almost 10 lbs so that would be EXCELLENT!
    I am ready and willing.
    :happy:
  • neclang
    Options
    Count me in, that would be 9.8 lbs for me, I'll shoot for an even 10. How do I track this thread though?
  • mamabearr
    Options
    I'm in! I don't know what 5% of my current weight is though haha.
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yay!! So glad all of you are in - sounds like we have a great group already. A couple of you asked about how we're going to keep track. Each week, I will post a new topic in the forum (on Sundays) and we will check in on Mondays (Halloween will be our last check in). I will post on each of your walls that a new topic is posted (and I will add all of you as friends - and I encourage you to add each other), so you will definitely see when I post the new topic! :)

What other questions do you have? :)

~Elana
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    How about we call the challenge "Costume Changers"
    I am dying to take off this current costume of fat I am wearing and with at 10 year child Halloween is so hard for me!
    :drinker:
  • ladychi306
    ladychi306 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I want to join too!!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Just .05 X your weight, so if you weigh 160 just do 160 X .05 = 8 pounds :)
  • scumbelina
    Options
    I'd love to be in on this too please, ditto the how do you track this thread?etc never done a challenge before! 7.8lbs is my 5% so I'll say 8lbs. Keep me posted :D
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    How about we call the challenge "Costume Changers"
    I am dying to take off this current costume of fat I am wearing and with at 10 year child Halloween is so hard for me!
    :drinker:

Love that! Let's do it! :)
  • mamabearr
    Options

Just .05 X your weight, so if you weigh 160 just do 160 X .05 = 8 pounds :)

Thank you! I was never good with percentages lol. So 5% of my weight is 7.25 but I'll round it to 7.5 lbs. GW for this challenge will be 137.5. I think I can manage that.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join also!

My current weight is 138 lbs, so 5% is about 6.9 lbs but I'll just round it up to 7 lbs!

I'm excited :happy:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I started a Christmas challenge, but would love to join a Halloween challenge. I think it will help keep me up with my challenge :smile:

I also did the Labor day challenge and didn't do so well either.

My 5% is to lose 8.12 lbs