Fruit

Options
Right now I'm feeling a bit hard done by on all this as I eat alot of fruit and I'm being hit hard for it. I would quite happily eat 2 banan's but it works out more calories than a bar of chocolate, not really an insentive to eat them is it.

So I put it to you the MFP public to say yay or nay to me adding it in future but I will in return give up eating bars of chocolte for 40days.

Replies

• jesshall281
    Options
    it may total up to the same amount of calories...but a chocolate bar is full of crap. Bananas all the way!!
  • seashell5
    Options
    One thing I’m starting to learn is it’s not just the kcals that we should be thinking of but the nutritional value of things and long-term health so I say yey to the bananas !!!
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a fruit junky, but I experimented with eating a little bit less fruit and instead replacing those calories with lean proteins like chicken and tilapia. I've seen progress since doing that, but I don't reach for a chocolate bar as a replacement
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It may be the same amount of calories, but bananas are ultimately a lot healthier than chocolate. However, you could have half of a bar of dark chocolate and a banana. You could even make frozen chocolate-covered bananas. That would allow you to have a healthy treat. :)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Any fruit is better than the fat and refined sugar you get in a bar of chocolate, with the possible exception of over 90% cocoa chocolate. Better that is unless you've eaten a lot of fruit recently and I'm the person behind you on that bike!