What keeps YOU on track?

Options

Replies

• Pancake86
    Options
    Skinny jeans, and the thought of wearing a bikini on holiday :)
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels.
    You should go get some Nutella, that sh1t is amaze-balls.
    We think alike...the first thing I thought of was "b*tch please, have you tasted nutella?!"

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! My thoughts exactly! I hate even buying it cause I have little to NO self control when it comes to that *kitten*
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    How I can push my body, and what I can do with this new found toy.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Well I made a pldge to a friend to give up chocolate, sweets and biscuits for a few weeks until our friend's wedding and thats what got keeping a food diary and then searchin online for calorie counters led me to MFP.

So far it's MFP that sort of keeps me on track becasue I know I can log my foods and see how much I've eaten every day. It keeps me focussed as do my MFP-buddies and the encouragement we give each other.

I've also finally convinced myself that I can do what I want to and am not a slave to my cravings.
  • SkinnyBitchMode19
    Options
    My friends and i will do weight loss challenges or healthy habits challenges through out the year. I "fell off the wagon" for about 2-3 weeks. While i only gained 3-4 lbs i just was not paying too much attention to what i was doing. But now that i am doing this weight loss challenge among friends i'm back on track!

Even if they only last for a month or two it is really motivating (at least for me)! And it helps get you back on track :smile:
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a few dresses in my closet that I have never worn because I was just so self conscious of my rolls. I dream of wearing them and going out with friends looking just as fabulous as everyone else.

But I also have this dream dress in mind that needs a killer toned body to pull off. I've wanted to wear it for years and years and its what I think of when my motivation gets low. As soon as I reach my goal, I'm gonna buy it and rock it every chance I get :)

The "rolls" that's my motivation too. I HATE THE rolls....
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels.
    You should go get some Nutella, that sh1t is amaze-balls.
    We think alike...the first thing I thought of was "b*tch please, have you tasted nutella?!"

Besties.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    THIS:

"A year from now you will wish you had started today"
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Looking good and feeling better about myself keeps me goin'
  • inammorata
    Options
    I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear anymore. And when I look at old photos of myself when I was much thinner.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I kept an pair of pants I bought when I was smaller. To fit in these pants again keeps me going. :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear anymore. And when I look at old photos of myself when I was much thinner.
    Ditto!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    every time i drop another pound, i am motivated.

THIS! :drinker:
  • girlypop
    Options
    I just feel better. It's not that my energy levels have really changed but I feel thinner, trimmer, fitter, stronger and healthier. It's just a feeling. And almost everyday in some way I feel a tiny bit better knowing I'm taking care of myself.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Progress.
  • Mariannewww
    Options
    1. I do not want to spend any more time sitting in chairs with coats or cardigans draped across my stomach to hide the rolls.

2. Looking at photos of myself all podgy and gross

3. When I make a really bad choice (ie I go way over my cal goal in a way I did not plan to) it irritates the hell out of me as I know I can make the good choices and be happy with them! I don't want to go back to stuffing crap in y face without even thinking about it!

So it keeps me on track ... Mostly an if I fall off I get right back to it the next day
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My goal jeans hanging on the back of my door

I also have Goal Jeans...It was 5 pair now I am down to 4 yay,
    Also, Looking in the mirror - I hate looking in the mirror but when I need to I know I need to work on That, That, That & That
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    Me, myself, and I. Oh, and the puppy. The hubby will motivate then sabotage. He's already lost 20lbs or so, and of course it melted off of him like butter. So I tell him he needs to drag me to the gym and he says ok. I'm also watching what I eat and am more conscience of what I bring in the house. We go grocery shopping together and of course, he'll grab the not so good stuff. Luckily when it comes to the food, i have great willpower because when I ask him to cook dinner he always goes for the not so good stuff (hotdogs, dinner in a bag, etc). Another example is yesterday..... he said he'd take me to the gym. His buddies called and wanted to go fishing. Think he took me to the gym?? Nope. And he didn't want to cook dinner so we went to BK. Luckily my chicken sandwich was made soooo bad, I only ate half of it. I think I need to sit the hubby down and have a little chat with him, lol.
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to lose the following things I have worked so hard for.

1) Lot's of energy.
    2) A ton of confidence.
    3) Self control.
    4) Fitting into clothing.
    5) That look my wife gives my when I take my shirt off...
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    There comes a point that you reach where this really does become your lifestyle and that's enough to keep you going. I'll be hitting my 7th month by the end of this month, but for the first 4-5 months I had times where I had to keep reminding myself to keep going and not to be discouraged by any minor mistakes. Now, I just do what I do without a second thought. If I have a "bad" day or craving, I know how to combat it or just ignore and get back on track the next day without freaking out about it like I used to. So I guess I've finally reached the point where I no longer feel like I'm trying to change my lifestyle, and I actually have changed it and do not see myself looking back.

Sounds cheesy, but it's true.