Not a good day at all....

Today was not good in ANY sense of the word. Well, at least when related to food.

To start things off I ate 2 Fiber One Chocolate pastries. Then I forgot my lunch and was only able to find RAMEN (*gag*). To top it off my cooking class met today and made sweets....cookies AND Pecan Pie Bars (I ate 4). I went over by 500+ calories! I am so ashamed because even though I ate all those calories I still am not "full."

It's devestated me... I was doing so amazing before all the holidays. Now I am terrified to get on the scale, my eating is out of control, I am too broke to even buy healthy food (moochin off the parents), and my fiance is coming home at the end of the week! I am in major panic mode!

I KNOW I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but I AM. I know better then to eat 4 Pecan bars!!!! I know better then to forget my lunch.

I just wanna cry.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Today was not good in ANY sense of the word. Well, at least when related to food.

To start things off I ate 2 Fiber One Chocolate pastries. Then I forgot my lunch and was only able to find RAMEN (*gag*). To top it off my cooking class met today and made sweets....cookies AND Pecan Pie Bars (I ate 4). I went over by 500+ calories! I am so ashamed because even though I ate all those calories I still am not "full."

It's devestated me... I was doing so amazing before all the holidays. Now I am terrified to get on the scale, my eating is out of control, I am too broke to even buy healthy food (moochin off the parents), and my fiance is coming home at the end of the week! I am in major panic mode!

I KNOW I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but I AM. I know better then to eat 4 Pecan bars!!!! I know better then to forget my lunch.

I just wanna cry.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Awwwwwwww.......hun.........hugs......tomorrow is a new day :flowerforyou: And there's still time left today to fit in a workout :smooched: :drinker: I wish I could type more but I've gotta get out of here to go do my workout. 52 minutes TaeBo and walk the dog 2 miles :drinker: :wink:

*hugs*
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    I agree, tomorrow is a new day.
  • ChubbyBunny
    I plan on working out.
    I haven't figured those calories in since it's a new workout.
    I don't think it will be enough to counter act my poor decisions though.
    Dang, if I'd just packed my lunch and snacks (the few I have) from home.
    I will need to remember those tomorrow.

Thanks Kellch, for motivating me to workout and not wallow in "blowing" my day.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    The new year has just started. set small goals and start anew. Valentines day is good to focus a mini goal towards. Good luck and remain in focus!
  • the other day i went over almost 3,000 calories and just started fresh the next day! its not the end of the world :smile:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    it's frustrating to say the least, but really...a good workout can bring you back on track and make that 500 more like 250...which is better than 500...right? we all blow it once in awhile, next tije tell that class of yours to make sweets you don't like! lol
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Get rid of the guilt and negative feelings!

500 calories over only brings you up to what you'd be at for maintenance (possibly still less, depending on your settings here) So maybe you didn't lose any weight today but you also didn't gain any :smile:

And really.... even if you were 500 calories over your maintenance, that's not so bad either as it takes 3500 to gain one pound!

:flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    I understand how you feel. I really let myself go over the holidays and was shocked and horrifed to find I had gained back ALL that I had lost since joining mfp. Part of the problem (aside from total debauchery and no exercise) was that I didn't get on the scale at all. While I knew I was going in the wrong direction, I had no idea it was that bad. So my advice is get on the scale and then just work your way back. Keep busy and out of the kitchen, track those calories and try to exercise. You'll get there!!!:smile:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    On the flip side, I too pigged out over the holidays and finally got on the scale today. I had only gained back 4 pounds. Granted, that was 40% of my weight loss :sad: but I truly expected to get on there and have gained back all 10 lbs.

Chin up! Eat some veggies, get in a work out, and drink lots of water. Get up and have a run or something in the morning, and I bet you'll feel 100% better!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Don't beat yourself up. get what ever exercise you can fit in -dance around the house - its a great calory burner - lifts the spirits and is just plain fun.
  • jukramer
    jukramer Posts: 39 Member
    I understand how you feel. I really let myself go over the holidays and was shocked and horrifed to find I had gained back ALL that I had lost since joining mfp. Part of the problem (aside from total debauchery and no exercise) was that I didn't get on the scale at all. While I knew I was going in the wrong direction, I had no idea it was that bad. So my advice is get on the scale and then just work your way back. Keep busy and out of the kitchen, track those calories and try to exercise. You'll get there!!!:smile:

I did the same thing. Lost 10 pounds on mfp and then "took a break" over the holidays - which for me, lasted from Thanksgiving until today. I am so mad at myself, but I have learned one thing. Pick it up and start again. If I continue to wallow in misery because I gained back weight, I won't lose it. I'll continue to eat, and eat emotionally, which ALWAYS involves either chocolate or ice cream (preferrably both). So hang in there. I didn't get this for a long time, but tomorrow really is another day.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Thanks you guys I really appreciate all the advice.
    I did work out...even though now I feel like throwing up....:sick:
    Yucky food and working out is not a good combo.

You all are wonderful! :flowerforyou:
    Back on track....
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Howdy!
    As the others said - don't beat yourself up!

If it's any consolation, I blew my calories by 800 today (!!!). It seems to be a pattern with me... I do good all week, then screw up on Monday. I blame work! But just think, if you have a day like this every now and then, you don't have to worry about your metabolism going into the dreaded starvation mode!

You have the right attitude about getting right back on the horse tomorrow. No worries! Sleep well and start fresh in the AM!
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    double post sorry