My husband is NOT HAPPY with me...

Options

Replies

• zta1989
    zta1989 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of white noise machines...how do they work....as for working out in the morning....I can wait until the afternoon to work out...its just nice to kickstart the morning..

They just put sound out into the room - like the sound of a fan blowing or waves crashing on the beach. Some have the sound of rain falling, crickets, and all kinds of other sounds that people might find soothing. I kept one in my kids' room when they were babies to help block out all of the household sounds when they were sleeping.

Like someone said, you can get an app for iPhone if you have one or you can find one reasonably priced at places like Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Target, or on Amazon.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Honestly you need to stop. It is in your home do it at another time. If my husband did this too me, it would be a rocky relationship. Try a compromise with him, if he is sleeping in too long (4or 5 hours over) then try to come to a middle.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Put the elliptical in the living room.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Tell him if he doesnt like it then you are going out for a run/walk and he can watch the children. lol
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Did you know it's actually bad for your sleep and chi/energy/chakra balance (if you believe in that sort of thing) to have stuff like ellipticals and televisions in the bedroom? There should only be two things a bedroom is for, and neither of them involve exercise machines.

I totally believe and practice this, sex and sleep that is what the bedroom is for!

Move the elliptical.

K
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Did you know it's actually bad for your sleep and chi/energy/chakra balance (if you believe in that sort of thing) to have stuff like ellipticals and televisions in the bedroom? There should only be two things a bedroom is for, and neither of them involve exercise machines.

I totally believe and practice this, sex and sleep that is what the bedroom is for!

Move the elliptical.

K
    This, 100%. When all you use your bedroom for is sleep, you sleep so much better. Your body instinctively gets into sleep mode. However, if you use it for exercising, watching TV, reading, etc. your body won't know whether you are getting ready for sleep, or for another activity, so it stays awake.
  • aoede
    aoede Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Chi/chackra and the rest of the woo/magic you mentioned aside, yes it can disrupt sleeping patterns if you learn to associate the bedroom with activities other than sleeping. It doesn't sounds like she has a choice, though.
  • TiffyCooper
    Options

That kinda depends on your idea of an "exercise machine".... LOL! :tongue:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If this is the only time you have to get your workout in...then he'll have to live with it. I'm sure he'd rather have you make a little noise and keep up with looking great, then to start slacking off and gain it back, right?
  • aoede
    aoede Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If this is the only time you have to get your workout in...then he'll have to live with it. I'm sure he'd rather have you make a little noise and keep up with looking great, then to start slacking off and gain it back, right?

Haha! You could ask him to decide between sleep or a bigger booty?
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'd be mad too. Work out later.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to move my workouts to the morning but I just CAN'T because of the same issue. Grrrr! Men!!!! I don't know why mine gets upset though he HAS to leave the house at the same time I do if not before. Punk!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be happy with you, either.
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My husband would KILL me if I did that. I say go for a walk/run outside or invest in some workout DVDs to do in the living room!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Chi/chackra and the rest of the woo/magic you mentioned aside, yes it can disrupt sleeping patterns if you learn to associate the bedroom with activities other than sleeping. It doesn't sounds like she has a choice, though.

Oh, thanks for adding the science part. I prefer to focus on the magical parts.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

That kinda depends on your idea of an "exercise machine".... LOL! :tongue:

I was going to make a crack about that, but decided to let someone else take it... glad you did! :D
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Since you can't move the elliptical, and with colder mornings coming, going for a walk might not work - Pick up a bag of foam earplugs for DH. sporting goods in Wally world would have them, they are cheap. Also, try doing after one or two times a week. Not your favorite time, but shows him you will compromise.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Gosh I was feeling guilty about just thinking of getting on the elliptical downstairs when my hubbie was upstairs sleeping! So instead I choose to go out and walk in the mornings versus having the elliptical and tv going downstairs during "normal" sleep time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Since you can't move the elliptical, and with colder mornings coming, going for a walk might not work - Pick up a bag of foam earplugs for DH. sporting goods in Wally world would have them, they are cheap. Also, try doing after one or two times a week. Not your favorite time, but shows him you will compromise.

She said she can work out later, but she just likes to do it in the morning while he's sleeping.

Let the man sleep. Don't make him put things in his ears. Give him some respect for using the bedroom for its intended purpose and expecting to be able to wake up on his own time.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There is only one room in your apartment that he can sleep in, unless you want him to move out and sleep on the couch. You are setting yourself up for needless relationship troubles. If he has a job; he HAS to be well-rested to do his job; or else he soon won't have a job.

The Eliptical is a mobile device. It can live in the breakfast nook, you can move it on to the patio on your apartment if you have company - but he needs uninterrupted sleep - just like you do. He's not being rude to you; so why are you being rude to him? I get up at 4:30am every morning, and sneak out of the bedroom to hit the treadmill. I leave my clothes outside, so I don't need to go back into the bedroom and risk waking my wife. Treadmill, shower, dress, breakfast and leave for work at 5:45am and my wife is blissfully sleeping.

I'm in bed by 9pm, she gets home at midnight - she comes to be bed and doesn't wake me up. It's just basic courtesy. But, it's your marriage - you decide what's more important. Stastically speaking, you had a 50/50% going into this marriage. Does this increase, or decrease your odds?