When did you start noticing a difference??

Options
2»

Replies

• teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    take before and after pictures, they are a real eye opener.

THIS!

Even though my clothes are loose, I had my picture taken this past weekend and it really showed me that my weight loss is SHOWING! I looked okay! And if the camera added pounds, well, it was still an okay photo LOL.
  • NTK85
    NTK85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5"0 tall lol
  • NTK85
    NTK85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I did this but still can't see a difference :( I guess there'll be a difference after the next 31lb though right?! xxx

I haven't quite gotten the hang of this quoting thing yet, but I'll give it a try, I took a photo before starting back in May and I just compared it to a recent pic and I can see the difference, and I was bigger in th after pic than I am now! I am so excited lol I had been slacking coz of the no visual difference issue. If I knew how to post pics I would actually post it.... thanks eveyone:laugh:
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options

This!! I didn't notice much of a difference until I looked at the pictures and I am only down 15lbs.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3.2kgs (7.1 lbs) and I can feel that I have lost....Can't see it in the mirror.....
  • isapedeve
    Options
    It always depends on many things, at the begining you notice a loooot all the effort, lets say about the first month. Depending on your metabolism and other factors, could be that slows down a little the rythm of weight loss, but is better that way because you go slow but steady. The point is not giving up and to be sure that all the effort will be compensated at the end.
    Good luck :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I've lost going on 50 pounds and I don't see a difference, I've had people tell me they see a difference in the face. The only place I've really noticed a difference is in my arms. They use to be really flabby and you couldn't see a ton of muscle definition and that is changing pretty fast. Starting to really see a big bump there. I've lost about 4 inches on my belly and chest but I think they problem is they are both losing at about the same rate so it appears the same to me. Take measurements and pictures and it's much easier to see the loss.
  • narenn
    Options
    Pictures are the biggest help for first realizing weight loss.

I first noticed my weight loss after the 25lb mark.

I'm 6ft 1inch. and started at 266lbs.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I started noticing about a week ago, around 12-13 lbs. At 30 lbs, there's no WAY that your body hasn't changed! Maybe take some pics now and then new ones in a month or so? I'm willing to bet there's more change than you think.
  • supergeorge08
    supergeorge08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i heard it after 14 pounds. I am in a long distance relationship, and after finally losing 28lbs and visiting my boyfriend he was astonished. He's very impressed with my hard work, though i do not see it myself. but i also just fit into pants that i hadnt worn in a year, so that was an amazing feeling. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Take before and after pictures... It's hard to tell when you are in your body every day and the change is very gradual, but if you're clothes are looser, then you must be smaller. If you compare your before pics and take pics at milestones, you'll be able to see.

For me I can notice it on those annoying little back rolls that are now almost gone... :D
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I started to see a difference when I went shopping for new clothes. Didn't want to go, because I lost 20 pounds and had another 20 to go before I reached my first goal. A good friend would not leave me alone about my baggie clothes and saying how no one could tell that I lost weight and when getting fit, fit people dont wear baggie clothes they wear clothes that fit. So I went shopping and tried on a top, the top looked great, but I couldn't believe how baggie my pant were that I wore to the store. Then I put on a pair of pants that fit and I looked so much better with a top and pants that acually fit. When I took off the new top and put on my old top that I wore to the store I could not believe the tent that I was wearing thinking it was okay to dress like that. No wonder no body noticed my clothes where swimming on me. So I purchased a few out fits that day and got rid of all my baggie clothes. Go out and buy something new to wear you will feel so much better!
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hehehe, when I started seeing the beginning and end of my lower back tatt, lol (begone back fat!!!!)
  • cindyloo1
    Options
    Several years ago i lost over 100 lbs. I went from a 26 to a 14 and i had friends not recoginze me, but i was convinced i did not look that different. Maybe it is where i saw me everyday, or i just could not get my mind around a thinner me. Over the last few years i have gained about 70 lbs back:( i look at pics then and me now.... Yeah there was a differance. But working on getting back:)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    When I weighed myself this morning, I had a good look at myself in the mirror and I think I can see a difference.....I weigh myself in my birthday suit........

Also, with my job I can notice it.....I drive taxi and deal with people in wheelchairs and have noticed that I have the bit extra room when bending down beside the wheelchair to put the floor restraint on......This feels so great.........
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I noticed when my boobs started shrinking---not kidding!
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would say before and after pictures are actually an eye opener. I had lost about 40 pounds since last year. I started to notice it after taking pictures and trying to use old clothes, they don't fit me at all and makes me feel so small., like "where is the other me? This is too big" :p

Taking pictures really helps.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I took a before picture today and took measurements also. I feared this could be a problem with me and I needed some proof. Seeing myself everyday I am going to see the changes everyday so they will be more difficult for me and for my coworkers or people I see daily to notice. Hopefully since I have customers who come in every six weeks or so I will hear the comments when it is noticable. I intentionally took the picture in a shirt smaller than I wear (It is a 1X. I wear a 3X this way I can see a difference that it fits instead wondering how loose it is.) I also wear a 24 bottom. I bought a pair of shorts in a 20/22 (well, honestly just because I go them for $2) but this way I have another thing to measure by.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!